Gjere a four star Rivals250

Jimmy Gjere
# 161
Rivals Rating 5.8
4 Star

At quick glance (sure I missed some) we also have offers out to #1 Henderson, #18 Prater, #126 Davis, #249 Stephenson.

Jimmy Gjere
# 161
Rivals Rating 5.8
4 Star

At quick glance (sure I missed some) we also have offers out to #1 Henderson, #18 Prater, #126 Davis, #249 Stephenson.

Davis @126? That surprised me. Considering He is a top WR from Texas and a LSU verbal. I thought he would come in at least top 100. Prater @18 is high. Didn't know he was that high. Very close to a 5*!

Also offers/looking at... #24 LB Corey Nelson, #49 DB Sean Parker

So Pete, can you going to explain to us how this worked with Alipate last year (started out like 50 something, ended up three stars). :)

Are you trying to get a rise out of me Agent Harry? My disdain for the great Rivals-Alipate cornholing of '08 is well documented. I'm still pissed about it in fact. He went from Rivals 100 to out of the top 250 because Rivals claimed they hadn't seen his tape yet. If memory serves, however, they had his tape posted on his bio before the ranking.

The problem was that Jefferson didn't put out a tape and they wouldn't give game film to Alipate's to make there own so the only video was from some fan who went to a couple games and put that together and they based there rankings off that, pretty weak. That was too high for Moses but he was a 4-star kid and could of been in the 225-250 range.

The problem was that Jefferson didn't put out a tape and they wouldn't give game film to Alipate's to make there own so the only video was from some fan who went to a couple games and put that together and they based there rankings off that, pretty weak. That was too high for Moses but he was a 4-star kid and could of been in the 225-250 range.

This is what pissed me off so badly. I don't mind someone dropping from the pre-evaluation period but this was ridiculous. Alipate's drop combined with the ridiculous over-ranking of Bryce McNeal at nearly the same level as Michael Floyd just defied credibility.

The 2010 class is going to be so sick. :clap::clap:

This is what pissed me off so badly. I don't mind someone dropping from the pre-evaluation period but this was ridiculous. Alipate's drop combined with the ridiculous over-ranking of Bryce McNeal at nearly the same level as Michael Floyd just defied credibility.

That's precisely why I don't get too wrapped up in rankings, and don't let it upset me. We got a great kid and player in Moses, I don't care if he's a 1 star or a 4 star. I just care that he performs for us...or adds to the team in anyway.

I do have a question - I didn't follow Floyd's year as closely as others - but didn't he have a very strong season? I thought he broke freshman, Notre Dame records...which would lead me to believe that he wasn't over-ranked. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

He is saying it was ridiculous for Bryce McNeal to be ranked anywhere in the neighborhood of Michael Floyd. They are a completely different class of player, and Bryce had a poor senior year. Floyd deserved his ranking and proved it this year. I would have loved to have him!

Are you trying to get a rise out of me Agent Harry? My disdain for the great Rivals-Alipate cornholing of '08 is well documented. I'm still pissed about it in fact. He went from Rivals 100 to out of the top 250 because Rivals claimed they hadn't seen his tape yet. If memory serves, however, they had his tape posted on his bio before the ranking.

Nope. I just liked the way you characterized it originally and I was too lazy to go find it. I found it pretty ridiculous as well.

That's precisely why I don't get too wrapped up in rankings, and don't let it upset me. We got a great kid and player in Moses, I don't care if he's a 1 star or a 4 star. I just care that he performs for us...or adds to the team in anyway.

I do have a question - I didn't follow Floyd's year as closely as others - but didn't he have a very strong season? I thought he broke freshman, Notre Dame records...which would lead me to believe that he wasn't over-ranked. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Eker is right. I was saying Floyd is one of the top HS players ever to come out of Minnesota and was ranked between 50 and 80 most of the year (he busted way up toward the top after the Army All Star game. McNeal had nowhere near the talent of Floyd and was also ranked, I think in the top 70's or 80's all year for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Eker is right. I was saying Floyd is one of the top HS players ever to come out of Minnesota and was ranked between 50 and 80 most of the year (he busted way up toward the top after the Army All Star game. McNeal had nowhere near the talent of Floyd and was also ranked, I think in the top 70's or 80's all year for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Ahhhh - I got it! Sorry, I misread, I thought you were grouping them together. I can't speak for how Bryce will turn out, but Floyd is a stud. I hope Bryce has a great career too - but regardless, I just don't get hung up on rankings...other than those few at the very top that are heads above the rest.

Floyd was deserving of his fifth star and he showed it this season. I don't know the final stats but he had a great season.

Top Bottom