Give me a name

Inigo Montoya

Reaction score
I'm looking for opinions on who you consider to be a Division I football coach who may be under the same set of circumstances that Tubby Smith encountered at Kentucky before changing locales.

BTW, I am not looking for Brewster replacements at this point. I think he needs at least another year. Besides, economically it would be foolish for the U to pay off Brewster's contract along with the 2 year contracts of the coordinators on just as the U has finished off the Mason and Monson payoffs.

Just like Maturi a keen fan should have the name of 5 potential replacements locked away for safe keeping. I don't expect Maturi to pull a rabbit out of his hat twice in his directorship.

Lose to SDSU and the $$$ for a buyout becomes less of an issue.

There was no need for another thread about Brewster. he not going to get fired what so ever. so please stop with these Brewster thread.

Brewster is here for at least 2 more season. end of story.

I'm looking for opinions on who you consider to be a Division I football coach who may be under the same set of circumstances that Tubby Smith encountered at Kentucky before changing locales.

BTW, I am not looking for Brewster replacements at this point. I think he needs at least another year. Besides, economically it would be foolish for the U to pay off Brewster's contract along with the 2 year contracts of the coordinators on just as the U has finished off the Mason and Monson payoffs.

Just like Maturi a keen fan should have the name of 5 potential replacements locked away for safe keeping. I don't expect Maturi to pull a rabbit out of his hat twice in his directorship.

Lose to SDSU and the $$$ for a buyout becomes less of an issue.

Charlie Weis? He hasn't had the success that Tubby had. Tommy Tuberville? He isn't a coach currently but would have fit the bill a few years ago.

Jim Tressel?

a good coach under the pressure of unrealistic expectations and a fanbase ready to toss him out for no good reason?

tim brewster

The irony of this thread is that Tubby left Kentucky because of unrealistic expectations. If Maturi cans Brewster after this year he would be demonstrating the exact type of unrealistic expectations that Tubby was looking to escape.

Charlie Weiss because of Notre Dame

Just saying Charlie Weiss is kind of funny. How about Lou Holtz, another funny Notre Dame name. At least those two would make you laugh a little bit. Saban at Bama because he has to live in Alabama, and that fan base is as crazy as Kentucky basketball fans are.

Top Bottom