Give Horton a lifetime contract

Reaction score
and the key to the city. Absolutely incredible that he took this disaster of a team and managed back-to-back wins including one against former-#7 Iowa. It feels so good to have this little guy: :pig: back in the trophy case...

No, but a heartfelt thank you goes out to Coach Horton. Well done, sir. Well done.

Horton's coached himself into a job somewhere next season. What a classy guy, easy to root for.

It's University St. now. He just renamed it. Little known fact that beating Iowa gives you the privilege to rename the streets.

Thank you Coach Horton for giving these kids the moment you just did.

Our next coach owes you a big heartfelt thank you

Horton just coached himself back into a HC position somewhere.

This was a great win for the gophers after a tough season. This win highlights the job that Horton has done in a difficult situation. This team looked far more prepared today than any other time through out the year.

Mr. Horton and Mr. Weber please take a bow you both deserve it. Somewhere Brew is smiling with that huge grin!

Something changed with Horton as head coach, give him a two year contract. The offense has looked much less predictable and more effective after he took over.

Great offensive game, Kirksey played well on defense. Iowa could not handle him at all.

Congratulations, Gophers! I'm so happy for the seniors, the remaining coaches - who never quit, and the returning players - who now have something to believe in. Gopher Nation 2011! Welcome home Floyd! Some coach should want to pick up the HC from here. GREAT FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the key to the city. Absolutely incredible that he took this disaster of a team and managed back-to-back wins including one against former-#7 Iowa. It feels so good to have this little guy: :pig: back in the trophy case...

I gave up on Gopher football. I hated Horton for not starting Gray post Brewster. I was sick about it. How fast things can change. Thank you coach Horton. U da man!!!! Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you get serious consideration for our HC position.

Something changed with Horton as head coach, give him a two year contract. The offense has looked much less predictable and more effective after he took over.

Great offensive game, Kirksey played well on defense. Iowa could not handle him at all.

NO!! Great job and he seems like a great guy, but NO!! It is different when you know that you are coaching your last game - I think that it would be different to try and motivate the team week in and week out. Nice job taking over in a really tough spot though. Maybe a spot as an assistant for the next regime as the kids seem to love him, but he probably needs to move on. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Coach Horton, you and that scrappy group of young men made us proud to be Gophers again. :clap:

If Ryan Collado's fingers were an inch longer, we'd be sitting above Fitzgerald at 3-5.

Horton will always have a place in Gophers and Minnesota history. Trivia question answer: 1-0 in trophy games. He deserves HUGE credit, but not necessarily head coach. Congrats to the coach and team. Easily the best played game of the year whether they had won or lost. Kudos, kudos, KUDOS.

If Ryan Collado's fingers were an inch longer, we'd be sitting above Fitzgerald at 3-5.

Speaking of Collado, Weber gets a lot of credit for sticking with it (as he should), but let's not forget Collado when handing out the plaudits. This kid should have been red-shirted, but he got tossed out there as a freshman and I think a lot of folks made up their minds about Collado after his early struggles.

But this kid is all football player. He works hard. He hits hard. And he has made some pretty big plays during his career. So kudos to Collado! Another senior who deserved better.

Speaking of Collado, Weber gets a lot of credit for sticking with it (as he should), but let's not forget Collado when handing out the plaudits. This kid should have been red-shirted, but he got tossed out there as a freshman and I think a lot of folks made up their minds about Collado after his early struggles.

But this kid is all football player. He works hard. He hits hard. And he has made some pretty big plays during his career. So kudos to Collado! Another senior who deserved better.

I've been a Collado fan since day one, even when he had no business being on the field.

Today he had a classic Collado game. He got torched and then tackled everything in sight that moved. The kid will be a good coach someday. He and Stoudermire (yes) outhit Sash and Greenwood big time.

Although I don't support the emotional notion to have Horton as our HC after this win I do wish him nothing but the best. It would be nice if the next coach would consider him for some kind of coaching position here. What an awesome game!!!

Horton probably coached himself out of any consideration for our HC position,a guy who likes Minnesota and is a proven winner just wouldn't be a good fit.

Top Bottom