GH Podcast: How P.J. Fleck is recruiting differently than Tracy Claeys (ep. 25)

Little unfair to Coach Claeys seeing he never really had a complete recruiting cycle of his own.

not really. He was the defensive coordinator prior to be HC and all defensive offers needed to go through him.

Two thoughts.....

1. Couldn't agree more with your last paragraph. It was a huge failing.

2. I don't think I know how to count to 4 or 5 anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm... the previous regime was switching to a 3-4 base defensive and were recruiting to the needs of that system. We have no idea how they would have closed out the last class or this one. Not trying to knock Fleck, but it is unfair to criticize the previous regime for not properly recruiting to a system they had no plans to run.

Umm... the previous regime was switching to a 3-4 base defensive and were recruiting to the needs of that system. We have no idea how they would have closed out the last class or this one. Not trying to knock Fleck, but it is unfair to criticize the previous regime for not properly recruiting to a system they had no plans to run.

Still need DTs in a 3-4

Still need DTs in a 3-4

You need one defensive tackle on the field at a time. Currently, we have 3 people on the roster who have eligibility in 2018 plus a recruiting cycle (oppty to bring at least one more quality Juco). Not saying it wouldn't be a position of concern, but every program in America (even Alabama) deals with depth issues.

You need one defensive tackle on the field at a time. Currently, we have 3 people on the roster who have eligibility in 2018 plus a recruiting cycle (oppty to bring at least one more quality Juco). Not saying it wouldn't be a position of concern, but every program in America (even Alabama) deals with depth issues.

I think the point was that when PJ was hired we had (1) DT on the roster with 2018 eligibility (& he will be a Sr in 2018). Hey, I'm a fan of the previous staff, but this was a failure on their part - regardless of what scheme was to be used.

Two thoughts.....

1. Couldn't agree more with your last paragraph. It was a huge failing.

2. I don't think I know how to count to 4 or 5 anymore.

Carter Coughlin can help you get to a solid FOUR

Top Bottom