Georgia Bulldogs, Kirby Smart agree to new 10-year, $112.5 million contract, making him highest-paid coach in college football

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

After guiding Georgia football to its first national championship in 41 years, coach Kirby Smart has agreed to a new 10-year contract that will pay him a record $112.5 million through the 2031 season.

Sources told ESPN that the $112.5 million total would be the most ever paid to a college football coach. Smart's average salary of $11.25 million would also be tops among coaches. The university announced the long-anticipated contract extension Thursday. Smart will make $10.25 million this season, with his salary rising to $12.25 million by 2031.

"This is home for us, our roots run deep here," Smart said in a statement. "My commitment to this university and our football program is unwavering. I'm thankful to president Jere Morehead and [athletic director] Josh Brooks for their continued support of Georgia football. It's an honor being the head football coach at the University of Georgia, and while I'm certainly proud of what we've been able to accomplish, I'm confident the best is yet to come!"

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom