Geez meainingless Vikes game draws better TV ratings than huge Gopher game

Stan

Reaction score
And people wonder why Star Tribune and KFAN slant more heavily towards purple coverage. This just shows how little this market appreciates college football. Though I wonder how much those in attendance would sway the numbers if they were all at home watching a road game.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reusse said on the air yesterday...'if anyone is dumb enough to watch a meaningless Vike game tonight instead of the Gophers vs #2, they should come out to the fair tomorrow so he can kick them in the arse'.

as Doogie mentioned cable vs over the air skewed

Go to a Viking game.and look at the level of intelligence of those attending. Biggest bunch of drunken slobs who take pleasure in pissing in their beer cups while in the stands, using the most vile and foul language that you would only hear in a packing house, and spray painting theirs faces that make them look like a half used Benjamin Moore paint can.

Go to a Viking game.and look at the level of intelligence of those attending. Biggest bunch of drunken slobs who take pleasure in pissing in their beer cups while in the stands, using the most vile and foul language that you would only hear in a packing house, and spray painting theirs faces that make them look like a half used Benjamin Moore paint can.

What you are saying is true of the cheap seats, but I wouldn't lump everyone into that group. The cheap seats at a Vikings game are a cess pool. No parent should take their child up there. The lower bowl is a mixture of passionate fans and your typical rich dudes.

The new stadium will hopefully price out the cess pool fans, but will also make it a little less of a party with the passionate fans also being priced out. The decent seats in this palace are gonna be outrageously expensive. I think I read that the lower level between the 40s will be like $400 a game in addition to the $9000 seat license.

Well I will say the 3rd string Rookie from Old Dominion is a lot better to watch than Mitch...

as Doogie mentioned cable vs over the air skewed

Yep; and the Twin Cities have one of the lowest rates of cable penetration in the country. Now add that there are plenty of people from Iowa, the Dakotas and even Western Wisconsin who live in the Metro and are Vikings fans but will never be Gopher fans.

Went to the state fair today and was very disappointed with the amount of Gopher fans/apparel I saw around. Definitely a lot more Vikings fans about. I hope Gophers bounce back and make this a great season.

Was at the fair yesterday and today. My take was the opposite. Much more Gophers than Vikes.

Top Bottom