Gaudio Out As Wake Forest Basketball Coach

I think the joke is you hiding behind your moniker ... at least use your real name if you're gonna spew stuff like that in my direction.

This is an Internet message board, you idiot.

Someone does ... They run/own this board.

Why post here? All you do is post stupid baseless rumors that are NEVER right. You have no "sources". In fact, I'd say my "sources" would crush yours for almost anything. Not hard since you're never really right. But still, I'd probably stop posting if all people did was tear me apart for the stupid stuff I say, I can't see that being very fun. Then again if I lived my life with such "oh poor me" opinions and an inferiority complex I'd probably already be depressed.

Why post here? All you do is post stupid baseless rumors that are NEVER right. You have no "sources". In fact, I'd say my "sources" would crush yours for almost anything. Not hard since you're never really right. But still, I'd probably stop posting if all people did was tear me apart for the stupid stuff I say, I can't see that being very fun. Then again if I lived my life with such "oh poor me" opinions and an inferiority complex I'd probably already be depressed.

He comes on here to get negative attention because he is a whiny little piss-pants. Picture a little fat kid in short pants with a big lolly stamping around hollering.

Too much pressure there I have to believe ... He has none here ... he'll go to a place where if he takes them to the NCAA tournament, he'll be viewed as super ... still believe after his father's death, he eventually wants to be closer to his family though.

wow.......you really do come off as quite the JOKE sometimes don't you doogie?! could you and your little friend souhan "grasp at any more straws" when it comes to what tubby wants? you guys have no clue and you guys provide nothing but personal speculation, so please just admit it when making these kinds of statements.

p.s. using the word "believe" does not absolve you of what you write.

in case you have not realized it is rank, unsubstantiated personal speculation such as this that leads so many to take shots back at you as well as pure d-bags like jim souhan.

I think the joke is you hiding behind your moniker ... at least use your real name if you're gonna spew stuff like that in my direction.

Doogie, Doogie, Doogie. Whatever happened to your ploy of inviting someone who was attacking you out on a date? I suspect you got tired of being rejected, but you're starting to appear a tad frazzled with your counter-attacks. The price one pays being a member of the fourth estate. Maybe dropping some names like Chad, or PA, or Souh ... um, never mind.

Not a big fan of the war of words, but for me to completely ignore is tough ... I see it, and it can get to me, especially knowing FOT's background, and how he thinks I am clueless ... FOT: I have heard the stories ... your moniker is a terrible representation of how you are with Tubby.

U R indeed c-l-u-e-l-e-s-s.

FOT is a board name, nothing more, nothing less. It represents nothing more, nothing less.

UTTERLY without the first clue IF you think Tubby wants to coach in a pressure free environment.

Stalker of Tubby -- When did I ever say Tubby is just happy with getting to the NCAA tournament? His competitive juices flow as much as anyone's ... What I said was the pressure on him to win is non-existent ... From Maturi, etc.

Here U go, numb nut.

" ... he'll go to a place where if he takes them to the NCAA tournament, he'll be viewed as super ... "

Doogie, I hope I've been more respectful then most in my replies to you. But I don't think you've addressed the inconsistency in these two statements...

1. He was 'gone' to GT.

2. He won't take the WF job because he wants less pressure, and somewhere they apreciate just making the tournament.

Other then Atlanta being a big city, WF and GT are very similar jobs. They're in the ACC. They have pretty tough academic standards. They have pretty high expectations. They have to operate under the shadow of Carolina and Duke, etc.

Why would he be 100% gone to one, and not interested in the other? Your logic is flawed somewhere. FWIW, my username contains enough parts of my name for anyone sick enough to care to figure it out.

Wake Forest. Look to your left. Duke. Look to your right. North Carolina.

Yep, no pressure there. Doogie The Dummy is clueless.

I have to get Doogie's back here - I also agree he has little pressure here - and I have said he has no pressure here (actually just today) in comparison to the Kentucky's, Wakes, UNC's, etc. of the world.

I think when you look at the pressure (quite honestly, if he takes us to the tourney every year, wins a game or two in it, he's golden), the money he makes, the quality of life he has here - which included living in a metropolitan city, and the fact that most fans here thing Tubby is a god...I honestly don't think there's anyway he chooses to leave, unless there is no progress with the practice facility.

Look at it, since the 1990-91 season, we've been to the tourney 3 times, as far as the NCAA is concerned, 2/3 were under Tubby. It's not like this is a school that has a basketball tradition of going every year, and multiple runs to the Final 4 and Elite 8. Can we get there? Absolutely, but it's not an expectation right now, it's a goal.

I guarantee you that Tubby won't be anywhere near happy if he just makes the NCAA and wins a game or two in it every year. If you think that would satisfy Tubby, you don't know him at all.

You don't get to be one of the Top 10-15 coaches in Div I being satisfied just getting into NCAA.

I guarantee you that Tubby won't be anywhere near happy if he just makes the NCAA and wins a game or two in it every year. If you think that would satisfy Tubby, you don't know him at all.

You don't get to be one of the Top 10-15 coaches in Div I being satisfied just getting into NCAA.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension, she didn't say Tubby would be satisfied with winning a game or two every year, she was talking about the Minnesota fans and or Maturi. You are like the guy on the Holiday Inn Express commercials, because you stayed in a hotel with Tubby you think you are his friend and know him so well.

You're being a tad inconsistant. First, he doesn't have 'no pressure' here. This isn't Northwestern. No one's going to think it's 'super' to lose in the 1st round again next year. It was only acceptable this year due to extenuating circumstances.

Second, the GT job has as much or more pressure then WF. And you say it's a fact he was 'gone' if the GT job was offered. So which is it? If he was tempted by the GT job, he'd be tempted by WF. They're very similar jobs.

I would say the expectations/pressure are similar between GT and Wake but would still give the nod to Wake as having higher expectations. GT has not been a serious contender since the days of Stephon Marbury, yet Hewitt is still there. I could see though how GT would possibly be more attractive then Wake to some coaches because I think the administration there has clearly shown themselves to be patient and it has a huge population base to recruit from in its own backyard. Some people would also rather live in a larger city for the cultural opportunities it provides(something Tubby and Donna commented on when the came to Minneapolis). Do I think tubby was a lock to go there if it opened, don't know and neither do you because it never opened. For the reasons listed above however it is not fair to assume just because Tubby was or wasn't interested in GT then he would have to have the same feelings about the other job.

The expectations at Minnesota should be to compete for the Big Ten title and make deep runs in the NCAA's. Are those the expectations of Maturi/other school leaders? I have no idea. They are paying Tubby the kind of money that usually comes with those types of expectations. I would hope the fanbase wouldn't be satisfied with simply making the tournament, if that's the case, better things won't happen.

The Wake job puts you 3rd in your own state with no real chance to ever move above any higher. To me, that is a job I would never want. How much of North Carolina is Wake Forest territory?

Thanks again for sabotaging Minnesota's recruiting efforts. Go back to Badger Hole, please.

Seriously? I've seen some wild accusations of Badger-ism on here, but GopherLady is about the last person you can accuse of this. I think she takes more pleasure in beating Bucky then anyone (based on the lovely photos in her signature.) It's true she's a Packer fan. But if that's a crime you'd have to evict hundreds (thousands?) of other U of M alumni.

Seriously? I've seen some wild accusations of Badger-ism on here, but GopherLady is about the last person you can accuse of this. I think she takes more pleasure in beating Bucky then anyone (based on the lovely photos in her signature.) It's true she's a Packer fan. But if that's a crime you'd have to evict hundreds (thousands?) of other U of M alumni.

Haha - was MillionMove's post for me? That is hilarious! I'm the one that de-bunks the Tubby to ______school every single time, same with last year. Until I see a reason for him to leave, I will continue to do so. Hence the sarcastic remark I made in my initial post.

If this was for me, can you please specify the "again" portion? I'd love to know how I'm sabotaging recruiting efforts, this should be good!

The Wake job puts you 3rd in your own state with no real chance to ever move above any higher. To me, that is a job I would never want. How much of North Carolina is Wake Forest territory?

Well, Wake has an annual enrollment of less than 7,000 (combined undergrads and grad school), so I can't imagine too much of NC is "Wake Forest territory."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_Forest_University

Doogie, please come up with something new. That argument doesn't even make sense. You think it would be better if everyone just had his/her name as a monikor? Do you really think that many of those names would mean anything to other people on here? I guess you could google someone's name and hope that you can find who he/she really is if the person happens to have info online. Then in your mind, that person wouldn't be a coward. That makes sense.

Doogie, I hope I've been more respectful then most in my replies to you. But I don't think you've addressed the inconsistency in these two statements...

1. He was 'gone' to GT.

2. He won't take the WF job because he wants less pressure, and somewhere they apreciate just making the tournament.

Other then Atlanta being a big city, WF and GT are very similar jobs. They're in the ACC. They have pretty tough academic standards. They have pretty high expectations. They have to operate under the shadow of Carolina and Duke, etc.

Why would he be 100% gone to one, and not interested in the other? Your logic is flawed somewhere. FWIW, my username contains enough parts of my name for anyone sick enough to care to figure it out.

This is a good post ... one that can actually have us have some back and forth without the name calling ... I will admit there is some inconsistency with my 2 statements because expectations at GT and WF are probably similar ... He would've taken the GT job because of the fact that he has family very close to Atlanta and already has super recruiting connections there ... Tubby is uber-competitve and wants to win no doubt, so with the resources in play at GT and the family aspect, he would've hopped on that opportunity ... as for WF, not sure those aspects are completely in place. Between him and Donna, they have family in NC, but not sure if they are as close to Winston-Salem as his family would be if he were in Atlanta.

This is a good post ... one that can actually have us have some back and forth without the name calling ... I will admit there is some inconsistency with my 2 statements because expectations at GT and WF are probably similar ... He would've taken the GT job because of the fact that he has family very close to Atlanta and already has super recruiting connections there ... Tubby is uber-competitve and wants to win no doubt, so with the resources in play at GT and the family aspect, he would've hopped on that opportunity ... as for WF, not sure those aspects are completely in place. Between him and Donna, they have family in NC, but not sure if they are as close to Winston-Salem as his family would be if he were in Atlanta.

Donna's family is from VA. Tubby's family lives primarily in DC / MD area (including his son GG and wife).

They have close friends in High Point (Joe "Buck" Colbert, his college teammate and lifelong friend) and Durham NC.

Tubby turned down opportunities to coach in Atlanta a few years ago while he was still at UK.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension, she didn't say Tubby would be satisfied with winning a game or two every year, she was talking about the Minnesota fans and or Maturi. You are like the guy on the Holiday Inn Express commercials, because you stayed in a hotel with Tubby you think you are his friend and know him so well.

FOT is a board name, nothing more, nothing less. Comprehend THAT for a change.

And quoted:

" ... he'll go to a place where if he takes them to the NCAA tournament, he'll be viewed as super ... "

It seems still, Doogie, that this is all speculation on your part. We can all throw out opinions but about the only fact we have is that Tubby remains our coach and has made statements that he likes it here and isn't going anywhere.

Neither you nor any of the other media have made much of a case that Tubby will bolt at the opportunity of his desire.

Put up or shut bro'.

We all have an opinion. State your facts.

Have to agree with pretty much everyone Doogie. You guys just throw as much sh-t on the wall as you can and hope that something will eventually stick.

It's not only you Doogie but I just question the amazing lack of integrity of our local media. What a sad state the profession of journalism has become.

Between him and Donna, they have family in NC, but not sure if they are as close to Winston-Salem as his family would be if he were in Atlanta.

But, yet you've been insisting for the better part of 8 months that Tubby could/would likely be the next coach at NC State. And, now you claim Tubby may not have enough family there? He does have family in North Carolina. WF is 20 miles from where Tubby and Donna went to college together. They have family and friends there. WF is a better job than NC State. You had him wearing Wolfpack red as little as three weeks ago. And, now you believe he wouldn't move to WF because he may not have enough family there? What's changed?

He would've taken the GT job because of the fact that he has family very close to Atlanta and already has super recruiting connections there.

The Georgia job was open 55 weeks ago and Tubby didn't even sniff it. Seems odd if he was just dying to get out of here and move to Georgia that we might have heard his name mentioned with the UGA job last year.

Pardon me, but it seems you're wildly inconsistent with your takes. One day Tubby will be gone within a year. The next he's making plans for the future here. One day NC State will be his destination, the next WF is not close enough to family. You're all over the place.

Let me edit Doogie's post to how he should of written it:

This is a good post ... one that can actually have us have some back and forth without the name calling and has some facts, which I will try to use sometime... I will admit there is some inconsistency with my 2 statements because expectations at GT and WF are probably similar ... It is my guess that He would've taken the GT job because of the fact that I read on his resume he once coached in the state of Georgia(Delete: that he has family very close to Atlanta and already has super recruiting connections there) ... Tubby is uber-competitve and wants to win no doubt, so with the resources in play at GT and the family aspect, If I were Tubby I would jump at that opportunity (Delete: he would've hopped on that opportunity) ... as for WF, not sure those aspects are completely in place and I am too lazy to actually find out so I will just guess again. Between him and Donna, they have family in NC or somewhere down south, but not sure if they are as close to Winston-Salem as his family would be if he were in Atlanta.

He stunk at Army and Loyola-Maryland

Back to Dino Gaudio.

My first thought when I heard he was fired went back to his days as head coach at Army & Loyola-Maryland. He wasn't exactly a success at either place, accomplished nothing to indicate he'd become a high-major coach. I remember thinking it was kind of a gift that he got the Wake job after Skip Prosser died. Perhaps they think the program in his 3 years has significantly underachieved relative to its talent?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_Gaudio

FOT is a board name, nothing more, nothing less. Comprehend THAT for a change.

And quoted:

Interesting how your tune changes in a couple of weeks because just a few weeks ago you would throwing around the fact that you had Tubby's personal email address and were emailing back and forth with him to clear up these rumors. Also, don't know what you are trying to prove with your quote because it doesn't state that Tubby himself would be happy only going to the tourney, which is what you were trying to accuse GopherLady of saying.

Top Bottom