Games that will make or break the Gophers' season

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
I've stated previously my tangible goal for the Gophers this season (not an unreasonable one) was simply to avoid Weakling Wednesday. ... finish no worse than the #10 seed for the Big Ten Tournament.

That very moderate goal is very much in reach, but here's where I think that will be decided, a pair of 2-game homestands:

Feb. 18: Rutgers
Feb. 22: Ohio State

March 2: Penn State
March 6: Indiana

Those are 4 pedestrian opponents that if you're any good, you beat them at home. Simply win those 4 games and the Gophers are at 7 wins, with 9 other opportunities to tack on a couple more and play their way out of Weakling Wednesday.

Let's get a head start and grab one of those "other" wins tomorrow vs. the Red Menace.

I thought there was a Big East team - maybe Georgetown - that won 5 games in their tournament. Definitely not common.

It could happen. It would be progress. I agree it is a realistic goal.
But, I wouldn't predict it happening.
Happy if it does. (and surprised)

I've stated previously my tangible goal for the Gophers this season (not an unreasonable one) was simply to avoid Weakling Wednesday. ... finish no worse than the #10 seed for the Big Ten Tournament.

That very moderate goal is very much in reach, but here's where I think that will be decided, a pair of 2-game homestands:

Feb. 18: Rutgers
Feb. 22: Ohio State

March 2: Penn State
March 6: Indiana

Those are 4 pedestrian opponents that if you're any good, you beat them at home. Simply win those 4 games and the Gophers are at 7 wins, with 9 other opportunities to tack on a couple more and play their way out of Weakling Wednesday.

Let's get a head start and grab one of those "other" wins tomorrow vs. the Red Menace.
👃

Top Bottom