Games on Gopher-All Access

MN 81- Msum 56. Coleman 21

A lot of good MSUM's 3 pt shooters did them. :)

The feed was good. I'm excited to see Mo, Mo this year.

Mav's hair is awesome! Only thing that concerns me is that we still don't have a consistent 3 point threat. That is how you score in college basketball. MSU had 3 of the top 4 long range shooters on the floor.

Julian Welch. Austin Hollins shot very well during the second half of last season and I imagine Andre will be a good shooter for us this year as well.

I know I'm probably in the minority but I really wish we would play these exhibition games at Mankato, at St. Cloud, at moorhead st, etc. would give. Out state fans a chance to see the big boys play close to their homes and maybe spark additional interest in the U. I grew up near Detroit lakes with a single mom and she never had the time or extra money to take us to gopher games. But if they would have played @ moorhead, etc I'm sure she would have taken us.

I just wouldn't want us to play schools outside of Minnesota, I'm an isolationist;)

I know I'm probably in the minority but I really wish we would play these exhibition games at Mankato, at St. Cloud, at moorhead st, etc. would give. Out state fans a chance to see the big boys play close to their homes and maybe spark additional interest in the U. I grew up near Detroit lakes with a single mom and she never had the time or extra money to take us to gopher games. But if they would have played @ moorhead, etc I'm sure she would have taken us.

I just wouldn't want us to play schools outside of Minnesota, I'm an isolationist;)

100% Agree. I would have gone to an exhibition game at MSUMoorhead for sure. Send an email to Norwood Teague about this, and let's sell the Gophers to Real Minnesota.

The feed was good. I'm excited to see Mo, Mo this year.

Yeah, my feed was pretty good too. It got choppy toward the end, but that might have been my laptop getting a bit too hot.

And I'm excited for Mo as well. He looked really, really smooth in the paint. He just has an incredibly soft touch that should be a great weapon to have.

Only thing with that would be that the players of Mankato, St Cloud, etc. don't get to play at a place like Williams Arena every day. Its part of the experience for these division 2 players.

I seem to remember signing up for All Access last year and was disappointed to realize that only a few of the early non-conference games were included. The rest of the season, none of the (men's) Hoops games were offered at all - only women's and secondary sports. As i'd signed up with the specific intent of watching Men's Basketball, i ended up cancelling shortly after this discovery. Since i couldn't pay to watch the games, i ended up watching them on firstrowsports, like many other fans. This year, i've also discovered wiziwig and vipsports for the Football games and hope that basketball will be covered as well.

It looks like quite a few games will be on Gopher-All Access. Anyone watch games on it before?

THere were problems with the first couple of games last year, but after that I did not have any further problems.

Only thing with that would be that the players of Mankato, St Cloud, etc. don't get to play at a place like Williams Arena every day. Its part of the experience for these division 2 players.

Maybe? I would bet a lot of these guys don't play d2 ball with dreams of Williams arena. D2 ball is decent basketball, and those guys want the competition and want to showcase their skills to a crowd that probably wouldn't care about them if the U didn't show up to their home court. Again I don't know if it would work, but I know it would cause excitement outside the metro for not only the U but for these d2 teams. Msum would sell out to standing room only and so would every other venue. I think a large amount of the outstate(outside the metro for Nadine-she must not follow mn hs bball) would show up to these games and kids would see their first live look at gopher hoops and potentially start dreaming of being the guy throttling bemidji st and a new fan would be born. This is probably my pipe dream thinking this could expand gopher athletics, I don't know if it would work, but I THINK it could. Just an opinion to discuss

It would be awesome if someone could find a way to watch the game tomorrow, its also on all access.

Top Bottom