Gameday Radio

mplsbadger

Reaction score
Just got a message from the U that said well be able to listen to Gameday radio at TCF with no delay on FM 100. Someone smarter than me can explain how this works but good news nonetheless!

radio

the more accurate answer is that radio stations and TV stations install an intentional delay in the broadcast, mostly to cover accidents in broadcasting. Apparently, 100.3 has decided to waive the delay. Good for them. It was actually very common in the 70s to bring your transistor radio to Vikings and Twins games and listen to commentary live, before the era of delay.

I blame Janet Jackson for all of this.

Can you put the radio on the floor and let everyone around you hear it, or do you have to have an earplug of sort so only the listener can hear it?

Can you put the radio on the floor and let everyone around you hear it, or do you have to have an earplug of sort so only the listener can hear it?
Please bring earbuds. Just because folks around you could hear it, doesn't necessarily mean they would enjoy it. I have nothing against football radio broadcasts, but when I go to the games, I would rather not listen to play by play or analysis.

Bring headphone/earbuds, don't be that guy who has it on speaker.

Please bring earbuds. Just because folks around you could hear it, doesn't necessarily mean they would enjoy it. I have nothing against football radio broadcasts, but when I go to the games, I would rather not listen to play by play or analysis.

Back in the old days it was called common courtesy.

A lost art, replaced by a need for self esteem.

People have always been saying that in the good old days, people behaved better. It's never really been true. Regarding audio equipment, people are less likely to annoy other people with it than they used to be. People are more likely to listen over headphones.

They have had these "game radios" since the stadium opened. The problem, nobody used them. When you turned them on you got Dave Lee which caused fans to screem at inappropriate times.

People have always been saying that in the good old days, people behaved better. It's never really been true. Regarding audio equipment, people are less likely to annoy other people with it than they used to be. People are more likely to listen over headphones.
That's true, everyone has earbuds/headphones now, and almost no personal radio is sold without them.

Top Bottom