Game analysis

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
I missed the game. Can someone tell me what the hell happened today? All I am looking at is the box score and that is honestly TERRIBLE. The offense didn't score a touchdown against a Division I-AA team. Honestly, UM-D and Minnesota State-Mankato would put up a good fight against Minnesota.
I caught Brew's post-game comments and he sounded a little down, but was happy that the defense played well and was able to pull out the win. Every time I hear this man talk my skin crawls. The program deserves better.

Sloppy game...Weber looked horrible *AGAIN*...Fisch's playcalling was questionable as usual...our kick coverage was terrible and gave SDSU great field position at critical times...missed FG's on both sides...Weber threw a pic 6...Defense saved the day because SDSU's QB was not that good & yet he still had better stats then Weber...

What was frustrating is SDSU did not look like a good team, they were probably the weakest team we've played this year and yet were one play away from winning.......

You saved yourself some heartache trust me.......

Oh, I think if you read the posts over the next few days, you will get an idea of
what happened.

I do not think I have ever felt so rotten after a win -- ever!!

Our offense is a major mess right now. In year three of the Brewster regime, we look
worse than any of the Mason or Wacker teams. Lou Holtz took a 1-10 team and maybe
the worst Gopher team in history and in his first year with a few recruits still put out a better
offense than Brewster in year three.

I will say this -- I do think our defense is getting better and getting to look like a Big Ten team
but this offense hangs them out to dry so much their numbers don't look so good. I am
encouraged with our defensive play, but I do not even know where to start with this
offense.

I missed the game. Can someone tell me what the hell happened today? All I am looking at is the box score and that is honestly TERRIBLE. The offense didn't score a touchdown against a Division I-AA team. Honestly, UM-D and Minnesota State-Mankato would put up a good fight against Minnesota.
I caught Brew's post-game comments and he sounded a little down, but was happy that the defense played well and was able to pull out the win. Every time I hear this man talk my skin crawls. The program deserves better.

Is there a pattern here?

Brew's boss, Joel M, hires Brew...a position coach with no collegiate HCing experience.

Brew hires, JF...an NFL assistant with no collegiate O head coordinating experience.

In flash TV shots, both looked lost on the sidelines as SDSU dominated the G offense.

Unfortunately, the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree...we move on.

I dont know how this makes your skin crawl. He sounded down (I think we all are). Happy the defense played well. True, defense did not give up a touchdown. If we won 42-13 we would have been all thrilled with the defense, we won 16-13. This was a close game, nothing to do with the defense.

Top Bottom