GAME #30: Gophers (18-11, 7-9) @ #16 Michigan (20-7, 12-3) [BTN, 5:00PM]

I think Stauskas just moved into my top 5 disliked college basketball players. Never realized how cocky he is.

Really? He made my list of most punchable basketball players 1 month into his freshman season.

These guys just don't handle adversity well on the road. When a team strings together a run they lose their heads and start forcing shots. Just gotta play smarter and it starts with our PG.

Pretty sure Michigan has like the third worst defense in the Big Ten.

Michigan is horrible defensively. They have nothing inside. On either end. Very overrated team and our performance so far is really disappointing. Go inside and guard the 3. That's the recipe.

We never seem to beat Michigan, even Beilein's earlier teams. I can't remember the last win we had against them.

The offense that half was absolutely awful... We couldn't even get good looks meanwhile mich got wide open looks every time at the other end.

How do we always leave the best 3 point shooter on every team wide open for 3?

The worst part of that half was transition offense. We had multiple opportunities for layups or drawing a foul and I feel like we scored 0 points out of about 3 or 4 opportunities.

I don't think big Dre is anywhere close to 100%. He looks slow and almost immobile laterally. That last shot looked like every play Tubby called last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michigan didn't shoot the ball well 1st half and this is already a rout. Has the makings of the Ohio St 2nd half coming up.

I did not think that we could come out and win two big games in a row. I figured there would be a huge let down and a weak effort by MN. Very predictable.

Good thing there's 40 minutes in a game!

I'm not sure we just watched an NCAA tournament team. Absolutely pathetic.

When you see even lower seeded teams in the Dance, they have a toughness and poise that got them that far. This team does not have that toughness. The first thing that goes bad, they fold up like a cheap tent. Same as last year.

prety much all the bubble teams won today too

Pitino has to find a way to light a fire under these guys otherwise I can see them coming out flat and getting run out of the gym by 20 or 30.

1. 2/4 on free throws.

That's worse than my nephew's team did in the last 10 minutes of their game today (U11 Minneapolis tourney) and they got beat 33-14 (he had 8 and yep I'm bragging).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathieu needs to add that 15' jumper to his arsenal so defense has to honor it.

Michigan is horrible defensively. They have nothing inside. On either end. Very overrated team and our performance so far is really disappointing. Go inside and guard the 3. That's the recipe.

Michigan is overrated? Michigan is about to win the what is considered the strongest or 2nd strongest conference in the country.

prety much all the bubble teams won today too

Which ones played games as underdogs on the roads? I don't think we are penalized for this game if it continues as is.

They better show some fight if they don't want to get blown out by 25. It starts with our floor generals taking care of the ball and creating offense which has been absent so far. Down 11 isn't impossible...

My god, I am an idiot for thinking this type of thing can't happen again. We got outscored by 17 after taking a 6 point lead...just brutal. This team can be amazingly painful to watch. We had a stretch where we blew 3 straight transition opportunities and EE missed 2 free throws for 6-8 points we just left on the floor. What happened in the first half today was exactly what happened over the course of the entire games at Iowa/tOSU a solid composed start and then a complete meltdown that leads to a blowout. Obviously, still a chance to turn things around in the second half but that chance is very, very slim.

Big picture: not going to win many games when your options to guard Glen Robinson III are Joey King and Charles Buggs.

Andre Hollins is going to put up 38 out of our 65 2nd half points and we'll blow them out.

I don't understand why our FG droughts that we go on every game, usually multiple times in a game, don't get addressed. So sick of seeing no FG in last 5+ minute scroll pop up every time I watch this team. Its beyond pathetic.

I don't understand why our FG droughts that we go on every game, usually multiple times in a game, don't get addressed. So sick of seeing no FG in last 5+ minute scroll pop up every time I watch this team. Its beyond pathetic.

We have about 1.5 good scorers on our team. I'm not sure what you expect. It's not like we have a team full of shooters

I don't think big Dre is anywhere close to 100%. He looks slow and almost immobile laterally. That last shot looked like every play Tubby called last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really hope this next week off will allow him to get back to 100%, but unfortunately I think that injury basically robbed him of being healthy the rest of the season. It's an injury that needs an offseason in order to fully recover.

We never seem to beat Michigan, even Beilein's earlier teams. I can't remember the last win we had against them.

We beat them in Ann Arbor in 2011, the game we lost Al Nolen, and it was pretty much all downhill from there. But yeah even when Tubby's teams were finishing ahead of Beilein's, we seemed to have trouble with Michigan.

Big picture: not going to win many games when your options to guard Glen Robinson III are Joey King and Charles Buggs.

This is a huge issue. GRIII is a terrible matchup for us. It might sound crazy but a healthy Oto is probably our best hope in guarding him.

We beat them in Ann Arbor in 2011, the game we lost Al Nolen, and it was pretty much all downhill from there. But yeah even when Tubby's teams were finishing ahead of Beilein's, we seemed to have trouble with Michigan.

Ah yes, I probably blacked out that game because it was the most devastating (arguably) injury of the Tubby era. We were absolutely lost without him.

Top Bottom