GAME #22: Gophers (15-6, 4-4) v. Northwestern (11-11, 4-5) [BTN, 2/1, 1:00PM)

NW having plenty of trouble with the press now.

Whoa!! The press actually worked?!

Northwestern had to cool off eventually. Keep going to Mo, they have no answer.

You know what I love about the press? Nothing.

I understand it's what Pitino wants to do, but it reminds me of Brew running the spread his 1st year. Trying to jam a square peg in a round hole. Pitino's been more willing to adapt to personnel, but not on this. I'd like to see it used more selectively instead of 100% of the time.

Keep it up Mo! Getting some good minutes from Joey too.

I am loving Mo "instant offense" Walker. Wish we had him healthy and svelte for a few more years.

We should almost start Mo with Dre out. He's become our best offensive option.

Then what do you do when the 2nd rotation doesn't have DeDre and Mo and Malik? I know the obvious answer is dont let that happen, but Pitino has gone to a bit more of a "2nd line" a la Tubby in big 10 play.

I am loving Mo "instant offense" Walker. Wish we had him healthy and svelte for a few more years.

Bigs take a couple years to develop. Thats the scariest part of not having a 5 in the 2014 class...

I understand it's what Pitino wants to do, but it reminds me of Brew running the spread his 1st year. Trying to jam a square peg in a round hole. Pitino's been more willing to adapt to personnel, but not on this.

All we talked about all week was that we needed to press Northwestern. Give it a chance.

King has had some nice feeds to Walker. I like McNeil handling the PG duties over Mav right now.

Mo is amazingly confident now.... He is such a different player than in the beginning of the year.

Mooooooooooo

King is having a nice game too

Wow. Mo is everywhere. He's been insanely efficient.

Nothing gets Austin going more than playing good D and getting out on the fast break.

They gotta be careful that EE doesn't press to do what Mo is doing. EE has to play defense and distribute withe effective picks.

It seems like Dre Mathieu has missed the majority of the 1st half in about half the games so far this season. He really needs to cut down on the dumb reach fouls.

Unless McNiel's going to drop from exhaustion, Mav should not be in. Complete train wreck.

Need to beat this team with the pass, not with the dribble.

Top Bottom