GAME #17: Gophers (13-3, 2-1) @ #4/5 MSU (14-1, 3-0) [BTN, 1/11, 1:15PM]

Everyone's playing really well right now. Hopefully the struggles early in the season were the effects of a new coach, new system, and a bunch of new players. Would have been really nice to have that Michigan game back.......

Why would they start Malik? He's doing fine off the bench and doesn't really have many other skills other than his shot.

Having Mathieu as a guy who can get in the paint late in the shot clock is a HUGE improvement over recent teams.

Terrible foul call there, and Austin doesn't capitalize. :/

Man....the refs gifted us free throws and Austin couldn't take advantage. He needs to pick up his game......quickly.

Gotta be happy to be up at half. Hopefully we come out with the same sort of defensive intensity in the second half. Kaminski and Appling scare me. And you never know when Gary Harris will wake up.

a mathieu turnover and austin miss a one and one to end the half. ouch

Malik loves the one dribble before his 3 pt shot. I've noticed he always uses the dribble, even when he doesn't have to. That could get him in trouble at some point, but so far, so good.

We aren't going to shoot this well the whole game. Gotta step it up on D. Also i'm not usually too critical of him but it's time for Austin to show up. He's a senior and a captain time to contribute on O.

We aren't going to shoot this well the whole game. Gotta step it up on D. Also i'm not usually too critical of him but it's time for Austin to show up. He's a senior and a captain time to contribute on O.

We gotta get Austin laid.

I just hope if he goes to the basket he doesn't take those 19 foot strides.

This board is so entertaining.. extreme highs and lows. Ha.

Gophers playing very well. We are getting very fortunate with timing of opponents this year. A win is a real possibility today.. could steal one without Payne playing.

Gophers shooting lights out and only 5pt lead. Tough to keep shooting that well 2nd half.

Austin's shot has gone missing. On the bright side- if you think we won't shoot the ball this well the whole game- how about Michigan State- they shot 6-11 from the 3pt line. Very enjoyable game to watch - we don't look afraid at all. MSU will ramp up the in the second half so it's going to take a lot of good ball movement to win this game.

Plenty to be happy about right now. Only things as a team I see we need to improve upon is perimeter defense. Both Dre's and Malik/King are stepping up big time! Austin's gotta at least show something now if we want to stay in the lead. He looks terrible against the better competition.

Many computer models have MSU underrated because of the distribution of minutes Izzo employs against lesser teams.

At their best, with optimal lineups, they are insanely good.

The reason to be uneasy about their future, though, is the lack of depth. Big drop off from their top players to their bench. A couple of injuries and they're a different team. Still very good, but not the insanely elite team they are at full strength.

MSU doesn't get to the line much relative to other teams - the Gophers must make the Spartans shoot the ball from the field. A bad afternoon of shooting for MSU, nice eFG% effort from MN via 3FGM's and turnovers kept in reasonable check.. a win is possible. Most of all I think you just want your team to come out and compete well... a loss is acceptable. Getting demolished is not.

So far, so good. 2 trips to the line for Spartans, gophers shooting incredibly well thanks to 3FG's, only a couple of turnovers.

I hope the refs don't change the pace of the game by calling ticky tack fouls and ruining the pace of the game

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Gophers shooting lights out and only 5pt lead. Tough to keep shooting that well 2nd half.

As has been discussed, that's the model for this team scoring an upset, especially away from home. Keep firing away. Maybe some help from Austin and it happens.

All those media TO I think are really helping us by giving EE time to rest.

Gotta get Captain Ahan in there for a few minutes and we're all set.

I hope the refs don't change the pace of the game by calling ticky tack fouls and ruining the pace of the game

Call it both ways, and it benefits the Gophs. MSU's Plan A when trailing is to start playing rugby.

Amen. I have a bad feeling were about to see a Sparty free-throw fest in the 2nd half such as we would see in Madison.

As has been discussed, that's the model for this team scoring an upset, especially away from home. Keep firing away. Maybe some help from Austin and it happens.

Get Austin to make some shots in the 2nd half and should be in it at right to the end. If he has a similar 1st half getting the upset will be tough.

Top Bottom