GAME #13: Gophers (10-2) v. Texas A&M Corpus Christi (who cares) [12/28-BTN-7:30PM]

This game has been really ragged. Hard to get a read on the team. However, I've been disappointed with stretches of poor rebounding and allowing TAMCC to get more than one shot. We can't be giving teams extra possessions and rebounding will be extremely important in the B1G. Coach will have a lot to work on before the B1G opener against UM.

Daquein McNeil making a case for himself to get the minutes instead of Ahanmisi from tonight's game. McNeil had 5 pts, 3 rebounds, 1 assist (a nice one), and 1 steal tonight. He looked pretty good!

I love what Richie is doing here early on but man, I just don't see 7 wins in the Big 10 season schedule. I would guess 5-6 wins realistically. Hope like hell I'm wrong but there is not a lot of D1 talent on this roster right now. I'd be stunned if Wally doesn't transfer or focus on track after this year.

This game has been really ragged. Hard to get a read on the team. However, I've been disappointed with stretches of poor rebounding and allowing TAMCC to get more than one shot. We can't be giving teams extra possessions and rebounding will be extremely important in the B1G. Coach will have a lot to work on before the B1G opener against UM.

Sad / scary but absolutely true. 100% agree.

I love what Richie is doing here early on but man, I just don't see 7 wins in the Big 10 season schedule. I would guess 5-6 wins realistically. Hope like hell I'm wrong but there is not a lot of D1 talent on this roster right now. I'd be stunned if Wally doesn't transfer or focus on track after this year.

I think you are overacting a bit. We had a poor shooting night and still won by over 20. Our press caused problems and our halfcourt D looked looked better than it has except for a short period near the end of the second half. We played Syracuse competively until the end and they are looking like one of the best teams in the country. And we also beat one of the biggest teams of the country in Florida State, when size is one of our weaknesses. I think we have enough talent to make the dance.

That little stretch he got in at the end, he sure played hard. Got to admit, I'm rooting for him.

I swear Malik took a 3-pointer that was about 10 feet back of the arc AND it was kind of a turnaround jumper. Wow!

Couldn't watch the game but it sounds like my boy McNeil had a good game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I think you are overacting a bit. We had a poor shooting night and still won by over 20. Our press caused problems and our halfcourt D looked looked better than it has except for a short period near the end of the second half. We played Syracuse competively until the end and they are looking like one of the best teams in the country. And we also beat one of the biggest teams of the country in Florida State, when size is one of our weaknesses. I think we have enough talent to make the dance.

Keep watching.

Daquein McNeil making a case for himself to get the minutes instead of Ahanmisi from tonight's game. McNeil had 5 pts, 3 rebounds, 1 assist (a nice one), and 1 steal tonight. He looked pretty good!

+1. Then again, 'he looks better than Mav' is a low bar.

Bad game, they've looked good at times but if you had to base it on this game I would have to say no way to making the dance, there has been so little to base anything on thus far, I have no sense on how the team is going to perform in the B1G, is Arkansas going to end up being the measuring stick or Florida State.

Mo struggles on D.

Tonight I think Mo would have struggled on D, on O, on special teams, in the outfield, as striker, at catcher, putting, as goalie and dancing. Not a good night for him. Hope he's over that.

Thank God free throws don't matter or I'd be concerned about how many B1G games this type of shooting will lose us.

MN is one of the best FT shooting teams in the country right now. Last night was an off night.

Yes, the half court D was pretty good except for Mo. Once the Islanders realized that, they went inside every possession while Walker was in there. To his credit, Richie adjusted to that.

Tonight I think Mo would have struggled on D, on O, on special teams, in the outfield, as striker, at catcher, putting, as goalie and dancing. Not a good night for him. Hope he's over that.

...and with goat throwing. Loved your post.

Mo is officially an enigma. I'm still wondering what the heck happened to Mo from freshman year. Was the injury that devastating? I remember him moving his feet to effectively defend Harrison Barnes, and now he can't move his feet to defend a low D1 forward.

...and with goat throwing. Loved your post.

Mo is officially an enigma. I'm still wondering what the heck happened to Mo from freshman year. Was the injury that devastating? I remember him moving his feet to effectively defend Harrison Barnes, and now he can't move his feet to defend a low D1 forward.

I think it was McDonald talking about how you have to retrain your body after losing that much weight...he talked about footwork as a 310 versus a 250 guy and thought Mo was struggling (sure seemed to be) with his feet catching up to his upper body.

My gut (pun intended) says Mo needs to get much stronger all over to be able to bang with the guys he is facing. I hope he keeps himself at 250 but adds muscle like Draymond Green at MSU did over his career. Not sure if Mo is as talented as Green, but if he had Greens body he would certainly be more effective than he is now. Another off season in the weight room and working on his footwork will do him wonders now that he has lost the weight and is healthy.

Top Bottom