GAME#11: Gophers (8-2) v. Oceanless SDSU (not even Nate Wolters cares) [BTN, 7:00PM]

Congrats to Austin!

1491783_10152158569149179_678748009_n.jpg

Overall I thought it was a decent game from the Gophers tonight. Struggled shooting the ball in the 1st half missing a number of open looks and a lot coming from guys who usually don't miss those kind of shots. Still need to finish better around the rim and cut down on some of the mental mistakes. Congratulations to Austin on reaching 1,000 points, I thought it was one of his better games tonight as he really looked to take charge at times and was great on the boards and really all around.

Did enough to win by double digits. Some good things, some sloppy things.

Player of the game Austin. Double double in the first half. 11 pts and 11 rebounds....nice job.

Ended with 20 pts, 14 rebounds and 3 assists.

Our biggest weakness so far in the season is that we seem to play down to our opponents. I think we saw that again in the first half. In the second half we finally started to play a little better and take control of the game.

Austin Hollins really has to start being more reliable and stepping up like we need him to as a senior. He's been doing some nice things, but I want more consistency in his perimeter jumpers. The defense and driving is there, now we need the shooting to improve.

This post serious?? Seriously, what are your expectations? He is shooting 36% from 3pt range, averaging 14 pt per game, and 7 reb per game.

Consistency?? Here are his points per game:

11-Lehigh
11-Montana
11-Richmond
15-Coastal Carolina
18-Wofford
11-Syracuse
17-Arkansas
9-Chaminade
16-FSU
13-New Orleans
18-SDSU

What isn't consistent about that? Double digits in all games but one, basically in a range from 11-18 points. He's given the team 2 or 3 three-point baskets in every game but 3. I'd say if there's one word to describe Austin's play this year, it is CONSISTENCY.

Strange post.

I've been impressed with Austin Hollins' rebounding this season. He's been a monster.

If we can keep our turnovers down against good competition, play solid defense, and manage to stay competitive in rebounding each game, we will have a shot at an at-large bid. With our front-court problems and lack of an NBA caliber player, that would be a major accomplishment.

Hope I do not have to worry about Dre's shooting - he seems to be in a slump but had 8 assists tonight!

Our biggest weakness so far in the season is that we seem to play down to our opponents. I think we saw that again in the first half. In the second half we finally started to play a little better and take control of the game.

Our biggest weakness is defense, no matter who the opponent. Way too many open looks in the paint.

Top Bottom