Gambling Corner, Week 2

upnorthkid

Reaction score
So an up and down week 2 left us breaking even unit wise (thanks Gopher offense for your crippling performance) but ready to go for another week.

Last week (2-4, even units; 4-4 overall, up 6 units)
Utah -6.5 vs Florida; scratched late but apparently should've stayed on the anti-Mertz train
UTSA -1.5 @ Houston (2U). L
Coastal Carolina +15.5 @ UCLA (3U). W
OR St @ SJSU Over 54.5. (2U) W
Nebraska @ MN MN over 26.5 points, MN over 13.5 1st half, over 42.5 total points (1U each) Lx3

Here's to a winning week y'all.
Nebraska vs Colorado: under 59.5 (1U); i'll sit on this one and wait until it gets closer to kick as I'd expect that number will continue to rise. Think Nebraska plays to limit the big plays and continues to play slow in this one to try slow Colorado down. Will consider adding a Nebraska under their total depending on where the line ends up (I can't see them wanting a 30+ pt track meet)

Texas @ Alabama Over 54.5 (3U); Ewers was moving the ball vs Bama last year and I think Milroe as a dual threat causes Texas problems defensively.

Oregon -6.5 @ TTech (1U); the over at 70 feels a little aggressive to feel great about, but think Oregon has the horses to pull away from their former QB

Wash St +6.5 vs Wisconsin (1U); may tease this to +7 but at home against a team that showed signs of struggle vs Buffalo feels like the right play

KU -2.5 vs Illinois (1U); think the QB play gets Illinois in trouble and they can't score enough to keep up on the road.

Purdue V Tech over 46 (1U); Purdue defense looks bad and Card should do enough to keep the Purdue offense scoring some

Gopher bet: Haven't seen the player prop lines but I'd hop on Tyler's over rushing yards (last week was at 70 and I'd expect that will be lower this week as Vegas isn't going to overly research into this). This smells of the game PJ tries to force the run game to get kinks worked out. 3U here pending on the number

What y'all got for the week? Best of luck everyone!

I think Notre Dame -7.5 vs NC State looks good. Also kind of liking Iowa State +4 vs the Hawkeyes.

I think Notre Dame -7.5 vs NC State looks good. Also kind of liking Iowa State +4 vs the Hawkeyes.
debated that ND line. ND has looked great thus far with Hartman at QB.

Iowa is going to pound Iowa State on the ground. That one will not be close. Cyclones suck this year. I have no love for the Hogeyes but they will win by 10 and cover. Hard to believe Iowa is only favored 4, it is rivalry game but I bet Iowa more than covers and this one actually goes over due to the QB being able to pass. With ISU having a lot of inexperience I expect a lot of turnovers as to why this game will go over the 35.5 slightly with a score of 24-14.

Last edited:

Last week

Buffalo/Wisconsin under 54.5 lost
Fresno State +150 won
Utah st/Iowa under 45 won

Up 1.5 units

Week 2

Okie State -3.5
Miss st -8.5
Washington St +195
Louisiana Lafayette -6.5
Liberty -10.5
Texas state +400
Houston -9.5
Kansas -3
Purdue +3

Adding app st +19

Last edited:

Let's keep it going, degenerates! I'm up 1U on the season.

Week 0
W: 1U on ND/Navy under 49.5

Week 1
L: 1U on MN -7.5; 2U on OSU -30 vs. IU; 2U on Michigan/ECU over 51.5
W: 1U on OSU -17.5 (live); 2U on Fresno/Purdue over 48; 2U on Iowa/USU under 45

Week 2
I like so much this week it was tough to narrow it down! I can't believe NW is a dog at home to UTEP but they looked so putrid in week 1 I just couldn't bet it lol!

1U: Colorado/Neb under 59.5
1U: ND -7.5 vs. NCSt
1U: TxSt +14 @ UTSA

2U: Utah -7.5 @ Baylor
2U: Iowa -4.5 @ ISU
2U: Oregon -6 @ TT

i agree there are many many lines I'm interested in this week. It's the joy of post week one where you get to pretend you know way better than Vegas haha

i don't get why books are surprised. has been wall to wall CO coverage, NE is a big ticket team, and Deion is massively polarizing so everyone has a feeling on if this is a fluke or for real which drives betting (you're either believing the line is a horrid undershoot of how good they are or that NE brings them back down to earth). couple that with NFL week one is still multiple days away and you're going to have way more "walk up" bet action as the game comes up (it's why the over always shoots up right at game time as the casual fan loves betting an over).

the more interesting part to me is I'd be curious afterwards as to where books have money locked in terms of the line. This one has moved massively so I'd be curious if there are some scores where they get crushed on both sides (given lines had things as high as NE -8.5 a week ago and now we're in CO by 3).

So an up and down week 2 left us breaking even unit wise (thanks Gopher offense for your crippling performance) but ready to go for another week.

Last week (2-4, even units; 4-4 overall, up 6 units)
Utah -6.5 vs Florida; scratched late but apparently should've stayed on the anti-Mertz train
UTSA -1.5 @ Houston (2U). L
Coastal Carolina +15.5 @ UCLA (3U). W
OR St @ SJSU Over 54.5. (2U) W
Nebraska @ MN MN over 26.5 points, MN over 13.5 1st half, over 42.5 total points (1U each) Lx3

Here's to a winning week y'all.
Nebraska vs Colorado: under 59.5 (1U); i'll sit on this one and wait until it gets closer to kick as I'd expect that number will continue to rise. Think Nebraska plays to limit the big plays and continues to play slow in this one to try slow Colorado down. Will consider adding a Nebraska under their total depending on where the line ends up (I can't see them wanting a 30+ pt track meet)

Texas @ Alabama Over 54.5 (3U); Ewers was moving the ball vs Bama last year and I think Milroe as a dual threat causes Texas problems defensively.

Oregon -6.5 @ TTech (1U); the over at 70 feels a little aggressive to feel great about, but think Oregon has the horses to pull away from their former QB

Wash St +6.5 vs Wisconsin (1U); may tease this to +7 but at home against a team that showed signs of struggle vs Buffalo feels like the right play

KU -2.5 vs Illinois (1U); think the QB play gets Illinois in trouble and they can't score enough to keep up on the road.

Purdue V Tech over 46 (1U); Purdue defense looks bad and Card should do enough to keep the Purdue offense scoring some

Gopher bet: Haven't seen the player prop lines but I'd hop on Tyler's over rushing yards (last week was at 70 and I'd expect that will be lower this week as Vegas isn't going to overly research into this). This smells of the game PJ tries to force the run game to get kinks worked out. 3U here pending on the number

What y'all got for the week? Best of luck everyone!
Plus 9U week is nice (hammered the Tyler line at plus money on over 80 as he came in at 70 for even money). Classic Purdue ruining the sweep
Feel free to start venmoing me for the early leans

Okie State -3.5 Won
Miss st -8.5 loss
Washington St +195 won
Louisiana Lafayette -6.5 loss
Liberty -10.5 won
Texas state +400 loss
Houston -9.5 loss
Kansas -3 won
Purdue +3 won

Adding app st +19 won

6-4 for the week, up 3 units for the week. Up 4.5 units for the season.

Let's keep it going, degenerates! I'm up 1U on the season.

Week 0
W: 1U on ND/Navy under 49.5

Week 1
L: 1U on MN -7.5; 2U on OSU -30 vs. IU; 2U on Michigan/ECU over 51.5
W: 1U on OSU -17.5 (live); 2U on Fresno/Purdue over 48; 2U on Iowa/USU under 45

Week 2
I like so much this week it was tough to narrow it down! I can't believe NW is a dog at home to UTEP but they looked so putrid in week 1 I just couldn't bet it lol!

1U: Colorado/Neb under 59.5
1U: ND -7.5 vs. NCSt
1U: TxSt +14 @ UTSA

2U: Utah -7.5 @ Baylor
2U: Iowa -4.5 @ ISU
2U: Oregon -6 @ TT
+5U for me on these...+6 for the season. I actually ended up having a much better week because I parlayed 3 of the winners above and also used a boost to SGP the Gophers under and EMU to cover, but for simplicity's sake we'll just go with the straight bets above.

How about the Oregon backdoor cover with the pick 6 late, lol?! Betting on FB is always wild but that was absolutely bonkers!

+5U for me on these...+6 for the season. I actually ended up having a much better week because I parlayed 3 of the winners above and also used a boost to SGP the Gophers under and EMU to cover, but for simplicity's sake we'll just go with the straight bets above.

How about the Oregon backdoor cover with the pick 6 late, lol?! Betting on FB is always wild but that was absolutely bonkers!
gonna go down in SVPs bad beats for sure given he could've flopped himself on the ground and ended the game.

Top Bottom