Gambling Corner, Week 1

upnorthkid

Reaction score
Week 0 offered up some easy hits with the USC-SJSU over and ND to cover putting the home crowd at 2-0 (went heavy on the USC-SJSU at +5 if you're a unit bettor and just 1 unit on ND so an overall +6).

Week 1s slate up next. Throw up your best bets of the week. Was a fun thread last year and feel free to keep track of your season total if you wish for personal braggin rights.

I'm generally a top 25, Big Ten, Pac 12, and Maction bettor but will spread it around. As far as the rest of the week I like the following (I try avoid the gophers except where I think there's very obvious money to be made as the homerism can blind things).

Utah to cover vs Florida -6.5 (2U). It's at home, Richardson is gone, Rising is still around, and Utah should be loaded and pissed to lay it on Florida.

UTSA -1.5 @ Houston (2U). Frank Harris is back for UTSA and that should be the difference as Houston breaks in a new QB.

Coastal Carolina +14.5 @ UCLA (3U). Mccall is still around, DTR is gone, and UCLA is going to play 3 QBs the opening weekend. Roll Chants.

OR St @ SJSU Over 54.5. (2U) DJ coupled with a bad SJSU D and an offense that can groove at times means another over out west.

Nebraska @ MN MN over 26.5 points (1U). Expect the Gophers to grind. Alternatively, take MN over 13.5 in the 1st half

There's my moves for the week. Best of luck y'all.

I went 2U on all of the below for week 1.

OSU -30 vs. IU
Michigan/ECU over 51.5
Fresno/Purdue over 48
Iowa/USU under 45 (I should've bet more on this!)

I have 1U on Minnesota -7.5
I won 1U on ND/Navy under 49.5 in Week 0.

I also have 5U on Illinois over 6.5 wins, 5U on Iowa over 7.5 wins, 5U on Wisconsin under 9 wins, and 8U on Minnesota over 6.5 wins.

Sounds like Rising is a question mark for Utah
I’m under the impression he will play from the posts on Reddit, but yes will scratch if he’sa no go. Though certainly they still may win, the under feels more appealing in that case.

OSU -30 vs. IU
Michigan/ECU over 51.5
Fresno/Purdue over 48

I also have 5U on Illinois over 6.5 wins, 5U on Iowa over 7.5 wins, 5U on Wisconsin under 9 wins, and 8U on Minnesota over 6.5 wins.
Yeah if McNamara is out I feel like you HAMMER that under. I didn’t look a ton at the Win totals late in the off-season, but like all you have other than Wisconsin. Too much cake in that schedule for my liking, though 9 should give you some good buffer

Week 0 offered up some easy hits with the USC-SJSU over and ND to cover putting the home crowd at 2-0 (went heavy on the USC-SJSU at +5 if you're a unit bettor and just 1 unit on ND so an overall +6).

Week 1s slate up next. Throw up your best bets of the week. Was a fun thread last year and feel free to keep track of your season total if you wish for personal braggin rights.

I'm generally a top 25, Big Ten, Pac 12, and Maction bettor but will spread it around. As far as the rest of the week I like the following (I try avoid the gophers except where I think there's very obvious money to be made as the homerism can blind things).

Utah to cover vs Florida -6.5 (2U). It's at home, Richardson is gone, Rising is still around, and Utah should be loaded and pissed to lay it on Florida.

UTSA -1.5 @ Houston (2U). Frank Harris is back for UTSA and that should be the difference as Houston breaks in a new QB.

Coastal Carolina +14.5 @ UCLA (3U). Mccall is still around, DTR is gone, and UCLA is going to play 3 QBs the opening weekend. Roll Chants.

OR St @ SJSU Over 54.5. (2U) DJ coupled with a bad SJSU D and an offense that can groove at times means another over out west.

Nebraska @ MN MN over 26.5 points (1U). Expect the Gophers to grind. Alternatively, take MN over 13.5 in the 1st half

There's my moves for the week. Best of luck y'all.
Update with the late breaking news:

Utah/Fla: scratch

Coastal Carolina +15.5 @ UCLA (3U). Mccall is still around, DTR is gone, and UCLA is going to play 3 QBs the opening weekend. Roll Chants.

Nebraska @ MN MN over 26.5 points, MN over 13.5 1st half, over 42.5 total points (1U each). both starting MLBs out. should be some extra room for both offenses.

Last edited:

that is a really tough one. some home runs and short fields or that would've been an easy cover
Ha yeah the air raid wasn’t flying, as I expected, but looks Wisconsin just leaned on the run game which Buffalo couldn’t even slow down.

Update with the late breaking news:

Utah/Fla: scratch

Coastal Carolina +15.5 @ UCLA (3U). Mccall is still around, DTR is gone, and UCLA is going to play 3 QBs the opening weekend. Roll Chants.

Nebraska @ MN MN over 26.5 points, MN over 13.5 1st half, over 42.5 total points (1U each). both starting MLBs out. should be some extra room for both offenses.
Rough start for me and got lucky the line for the costal game got bet up for me. Hoping for the over Sunday to break me even

OSU -30 vs. IU
Michigan/ECU over 51.5
Fresno/Purdue over 48

I ended up splitting in week 1 after putting 1U live on OSU to cover 17.5 when they were up 10. Obviously dropped some on juice, but my week 0 ND cover and the fact one of my wins was 50% boosted has me up just a few bucks. Fun thread...hope we keep it going in week 2.

I ended up splitting in week 1 after putting 1U live on OSU to cover 17.5 when they were up 10. Obviously dropped some on juice, but my week 0 ND cover and the fact one of my wins was 50% boosted has me up just a few bucks. Fun thread...hope we keep it going in week 2.
I’ll try keep we rolling; otherwise feel free to start it up if you don’t see it. Ended up breaking even unit wise as well so still up a little. Let’s see if we all react the correct way to the overreactions of week one

Top Bottom