Gaelin Elmore

50PoundHead

Reaction score
I was at a conference this week and the keynote speaker was the President of the National Assocation of School Psychologists (NASP). When she was going through her presentation, she came to a slide advertising the keynote speaker at the upcoming NASP national conference. It will be none other than Gaelin Elmore. She was very ebullient in her praise of Elmore and his compelling story, but then she said that he played his college football at Michigan! I used every ounce of restraint that a 70-year-old man can muster to not blurt out "MINNESOTA!" at the top of my lungs. Seriously, good on Elmore and glad to see he is making a huge impact in the world.

Last edited:

Never heard of him. Was he a starter? Position? Did his helmet have a face mask?

Never heard of him. Was he a starter? Position? Did his helmet have a face mask?
2014 to 2016. Moved from TE to DE where he was a steady performer. Started 9 games over three seasons with the Gophers. Transferred to East Carolina for his senior season after the coaching change from Kill to Fleck.

Love to hear this, sharp guy.

2014 to 2016. Moved from TE to DE where he was a steady performer. Started 9 games over three seasons with the Gophers. Transferred to East Carolina for his senior season after the coaching change from Kill to Fleck.
Thanks.

Wasn't he from Richmond Wisconsin?

Wasn't he from Richmond Wisconsin?
Somerset, Wisconsin, is listed as his hometown on his Gopher bio, but he was in the foster care system for much of his youth, so he moved around a bit.

Here's a link to his website. He does a lot of work with schools and non-profits that deal with youth.

Gaelin Speaks Website

Elmore was one of the players who organized the short-lived boycott of the Holiday Bowl in protest over the U of MN's handling of allegations against football players. He graduated from MN after three years and went to East Carolina as a grad transfer. spent some time with the Bengals in the NFL as an undrafted free agent.

Top Bottom