Gabe's 3 percentage increases by how much with Kerwin on the floor,?

Just Gopher It!!

Reaction score
Im in full optimist mode now. O love. buckets, but am not well versed in schemes etc as many on here. Honest question, how much better will Have shoot from 3 next test with Kerwin in the lineup. He no longer has to be the only legit threat and the spacing should be better, right? I like logistics, so I'm interested in the ancillary benefits we get from Kerwin as well. Please educate me thanks

What is "Gabe's 3 pt % will increase how much with Kerwin on the floor?"

What do I win?

Thank you. I'm not NEARLY drunk enough to decipher that.
But I was drunk enough to post it,lol
It might be a bit too late for that, my friend.
Could always review it in the morning, unless u know as ittle as me. I understand the basics, but I'm referring to the nuance my friend, I'm looking for insights and learned as not to be afridd to ask for directions. Txs.

Don’t forget adding Mashburn Jr.’s 3 pt shooting! Far more likely to help the team than Kerwin.

not so much the ability to shoot that adds to the % boost but the ability to pass the ball around the perimeter to the open man with the ability to shoot that increases the %.

For instance, if you have Robbins underneath, Carr at the point, Gabe at one 45 and Kerwin and Isiaih in the corners and you rifle fire the ball around until the defense cant follow and one of these guys gets a wide open shot then their % is going to go up. But if just one of them is impatient and fires a contested shot or drives and shoots a contested 2 or eats the clock and passes late forcing someone to shoot to avoid the shot penalty then you get a lower %.

You can have bad shooters out there who move the ball effectively like Hurt who make other players shoot better by creating ball movement in the offense. Just having good shooters helps but stale ball movement is always going to lower your shooting percentages.

That's entirely up to Gabe. He needs to get his mind right and his confidence back.

He will shoot it better period.

This is what I believe as well. I've seen him play since he was a ninth grader. I will trust the 5 other years of play vs. this last year as the norm. I don't think another spacer will increase his percentage as much as others like if Johnson is a true slasher or if Robbins is a good passer in the post. I also think some of this is on Carr. He could find Gabe more too.

I think Gabe's percentage would be more impacted by the loss of Oturu down low than adding another capable three point threat.

If Gabe does not shoot better he may becoming off the bench + he does not score enough on free throws. he was missing open looks last season at a higher clip than the year before... Hopefully he can tweak is shot and improve enough to be a worthy starter in the Big Ten... He needs to do something to make up for his lack of rebounding ...if he is playing the 3 again next season.

If Gabe does not shoot better he may becoming off the bench + he does not score enough on free throws. he was missing open looks last season at a higher clip than the year before... Hopefully he can tweak is shot and improve enough to be a worthy starter in the Big Ten... He needs to do something to make up for his lack of rebounding ...if he is playing the 3 again next season.
His shot will be better and combined with his defense and court IQ make him a starter . Agree with the rebounding.

His shot will be better and combined with his defense and court IQ make him a starter . Agree with the rebounding.
With the loss of Oturu the the value rebounding from the 3 increases....Tough to win in the Big Ten with Gabe playing more than spot duty at the 3.

With the loss of Oturu the the value rebounding from the 3 increases....Tough to win in the Big Ten with Gabe playing more than spot duty at the 3.
Pitino will likely employ more of a team rebounding concept, more blocking out and guards coming back.

Oturu liked to drift out for his 3 attempts on offense. That won't be happening with the new big.

Oturu liked to drift out for his 3 attempts on offense. That won't be happening with the new big.

He shot 36 percent. He should've done it more probably. Having a big that shoots it well actually helps spacing as their defender cannot sag which increases the chance that Gabes defender would have to help when they are taken off the dribble. Now I didn't feel Oturu was a great passer out of the post, so maybe Robbins will be better and that will help Gabe, but his lack of a three point shot will not.

Quite a bit, as long as Kerwin is assigned to guard him. Kerwin's not very good on the defensive end of the court.

Top Bottom