Gabe Kalscheur is OUT indefinitely with a broken hand

I think Mashburn will start in his place
You're probably right and we could just see a bump in Tre and Mash more so than Gach. I really think there is potential in Gach though. He's played terribly and looks extremely timid, but I still think he's better than what he gets credit for. Doesn't matter unless he does something on the floor though.

Well, it's a broken hand and there's less than a month left. Unfortunately, this is season ending. Feel horrible for the kid.

I guess I wasn't sure of the severity of the break. But I'm sure you're right

I guess I wasn't sure of the severity of the break. But I'm sure you're right

Yeah, unless it was like a hairline fracture or something, but the odds of that don't seem good. Hate to hear, but hope Mash gets high volume minutes as a result. Would love to see him try to channel some Gabe on defense and take that part of his game to a higher level.

This really hurts and I feel bad for Gabe. He is probably our most complete player and always gives his best effort.

Maybe the guys can somehow win one for Gabe.

Left or Right? Can he play with a soft cast at some point?
That really stinks for Gabe and the team. He was their defensive stopper and will be really missed on that end of the court. Time for Both to wake up from his slumber and start playing like he did while at Austin HS.
Martice Mitchell time perhaps?

Time for these freshmen to grow up.
Who will be the MLP (mid-level player) who steps up to have a sensational game? Anyone, Bueller, anyone...

Right hand injury unfortunately.

on the radio pre-game show, Grimm just called it "a broken finger." Grimm also said GK would be out for "several games."

If that is accurate, then it doesn't sound like a season-ending injury.

Let’s make some lemonade out of this lemon. Go Mash! Go Gophers!

I mean as much sh*t as Gabe has taken this year on GH (guilty as charged), you'd think we'd be doing cartwheels over this broken hand announcement.

I mean as much sh*t as Gabe has taken this year on GH (guilty as charged), you'd think we'd be doing cartwheels over this broken hand announcement.
Dumb. Anybody with half a brain was only saying that he should shoot less threes.

it’s actually better to keep you’re opponent from scoring than focusing on out scoring them. Proven to be more successful as well. Just score more than you give up ... keep it simple.

Why can't he play? Its not like a broken right hand would have any effect on his shooting.

on the radio pre-game show, Grimm just called it "a broken finger." Grimm also said GK would be out for "several games."

If that is accurate, then it doesn't sound like a season-ending injury.

I heard it. I swear Grimm said Gabe could be out for "several weeks" (not several games). I remember thinking several weeks could be a season ending deal when I heard him say it.

And, then a few minutes later Pitino said in the interview that Gabe would be out for "awhile."

Last edited:

Top Bottom