FYI - A great opportunity for those w/o Gopher tickets to tour the new stadium

Reaction score
TCF Bank Stadium Tours & University Open House

Sunday, October 4, 2009 (Homecoming Week)

TCF Bank Stadium will open its doors for its one and only Open House to the University of Minnesota alumni and general surrounding communities. Augmenting tours of the Stadium will be interactive academic “experiences” positions throughout the Stadium, showcasing the world-class academics, research, and outreach at the University.

Event is free and open to the public. No RSVP required.

Contacts for this event are:
Raleigh Kaminsky: [email protected], 612.626.1601
Mary Buschette: [email protected], 612.624.1745

When: 1pm - 4pm
Where: TCF Bank Stadium

Link with more information:

http://www.homecoming.umn.edu/?id=7369

Might be a better option for ticket holders depending on how many show up to the scrimmage in a couple weeks. Thanks for the info.

Bad time for open house

Oct 4 at 1:10 is the last Twins game at the dome.

I know that, but look at the post above mine. He didn't read very well.

I don't see how he didn't read well. He read the info directed to people w/o tickets and added an observation for those with tickets. I suppose his comment was off-topic based on the thread title but that doesn't mean he didn't read it.

Oct 4 at 1:10 is the last Twins game at the dome.

hmmmm.....go visit a real, state-of-the-art football stadium (brickhouse II) or go sit in the toilet bowl (under a teflon roof and out of the beautiful fall sun) known as the metrodome to watch a baseball game played on a football field for the 100th time.....regardless of the fact that it is the last game there.

to me this is a pretty easy decision. go visit the new gopher football stadium all of the way.

don't get me wrong, i do "get" what you are saying, but maybe i care a little less about the dome considering i went in on season tickets at the twins new ballpark (target field) for next year. ;)

i am completely over the dome, as i would guess most minneapolis sports fans are.

Won't this probably be a more desirable tour/open house opportunity than the Aug. 22nd event even for season ticket holders?

I don't think we'll have any access to club levels, suites, locker rooms, band facilities, etc. on the 22nd. I'm hoping there will be access to some of these places during the Oct. 4 Open House. For that reason I am actually planning to go on Oct. 4th (when I'll be in the Cities for the Wisconsin game the day before anyways) instead of making a special trip to the Cities on Aug. 22nd. Of course I'll be letting others that I share my tickets with that live in the Cities take advantage of 22nd scrimmage.

If we can't see the areas mentioned above on either the 22nd or the 4th it will be a shame, I think.

Top Bottom