Future

QB- Leidner is only going to get better now that he's got a season as the starter under his belt. Streveler also gets a year older & more confident with the system. The wildcard may be Perra as it's been reported he distanced himself from Rhoda/McKinzy as the clear #3 during practice.

I hate to argue with you, Costa, but I have turned a corner on Leidner this season. I love his competitiveness, and his running ability, but in the games where the Gophers really needed a boost from the passing game, Leidner just flat out failed to give the team what it needed to win the game.
I just don't think that you can "learn" accuracy. You're either accurate, or you're not.

I'm not saying to just dump Leidner - but if he cannot show REAL improvement in the passing game by the end of the non-conf schedule, then I think the Coaches have to look at alternatives - up to and including Croft if he can do a better job. I don't relish the idea of throwing a true FR into the fire at QB in B1G play - but I don't think the team - or the fan base - can live with another season where Leidner is good one week and poor the next week. They have to find some consistency at the QB position. if Leidner can provide it, great. if he can't, then all bets are off.

Top Bottom