FSN: Gophers spring game showcases new talent, depth at RB

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

Saturday's game showcased the talent of all four guys, although Williams -- the only upperclassmen of the group -- played only a single drive. Williams made the most of that lone opportunity, though, rushing six times for 33 yards and a touchdown. The senior-to-be running back has dropped about 20 pounds since last season, and he looks to be a leaner and meaner offensive threat.

"I still got my power," he assured post-game. "I'm just a little quicker . . . don't get tired as quickly. Got some good enthusiasm, good juice. That first drive . . . I wanted us to move the ball. If someone was in my way, I wanted to just run right over them. I would like it to look like that every single rep."

Edwards and Smith, who were freshmen last season, rushed 12 times apiece, gaining 31 yards and 41 yards, respectively. The entire running back core was able to take snaps from all three quarterbacks, and the transitions and handoffs worked well.

"Nothing I saw out there surprised me," Williams said. "Rodney is smooth with all his cuts, so it's something we expect from him . . . our RB group, we don't expect anything less from each other. Everybody has stuff to work on, and we all know what everyone's good at. We just go out there and do our jobs."

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...-game-showcases-new-talent-depth-at-rb-041115

Go Gophers!!

Williams minus 20 lbs is still thick. I would hate to have to try to tackle him, even if I was a very good strong safety.

Top Bottom