FSN: Gophers report card Minnesota's offense falls short against Badgers (Overall: C)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

Overall: C

The Gophers' defense held its own Saturday, limiting Wisconsin's offense to just 324 yards on the day. Yet Minnesota's offense couldn't make plays when it needed to. In fact, the Gophers' only points of the game came via a defensive touchdown. Minnesota also lost three fumbles -- one each by Nelson, Cobb and Williams -- which was a big reason for the Gophers' offensive woes. As a result, Minnesota watched as Wisconsin hoisted Paul Bunyan's Axe for the 10th straight year. Meanwhile, the Gophers' four-game winning streak is over, but the players still believe things are moving in the right direction. Minnesota has one regular-season game remaining, although it's another tough test: on the road against Michigan State.

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/colle...nnesotas-offense-f?blockID=965611&feedID=3590

Go Gophers!!

i'd say the rush offense at about a c, the pass offense at a d, the run defense at an a- (we could've been ripped apart and they at times couldn't run the ball on us at all), and pass defense at a b. overall o a d+ and defense a B+. overall i'd say they're just fine at a C rating. We could've had that game at numerous points. just didn't take advantage of our chances. false start when we were gashing them on the ground up 7-3 leading to nelson's fumble and maxx's fumble in wisc territory earlier. can't really see how it's too harsh when we played so poorly on offense

I don't understand how Mason gives the run and pass defense a B+ and B, respectively. They held Wisconsin to their lowest point and yardage total on the season and are the only team besides Ohio St to hold them under 200 yards rushing. They also limited Stave to 127 yards and got a pick 6. All of this is even more impressive considering Wisconsin's offense had the ball for 35:11.

I don't understand how Mason gives the run and pass defense a B+ and B, respectively. They held Wisconsin to their lowest point and yardage total on the season and are the only team besides Ohio St to hold them under 200 yards rushing. They also limited Stave to 127 yards and got a pick 6. All of this is even more impressive considering Wisconsin's offense had the ball for 35:11.

run i don't really get it. i mean they did have some big runs, but we didn't give up the big play rushing really and consistently stuffed them for little to no gain. basically it felt like a lot of boom or bust runs for them to me. the pass i can see since we did have a lot of rough penalties in pass coverage

Mason is a skunk, that's why.

Top Bottom