Freshman numbers

Woody

TCF here I come! 133; 21; 3-6;
Reaction score
Does anybody know where we can find the incoming freshman's numbers or when they are issued?

I'm new to the Gopherhole, so don't be too hard on me.

I believe they are issued during summer camp before the season.

Welcome to the board!

This is a good question, I am curious who they will give, good ol' #1 to.........no Brock, no Brodrick....

I'd like to see Bryant Allen, or Hayo

This is a good question, I am curious who they will give, good ol' #1 to.........no Brock, no Brodrick....

I'd like to see Bryant Allen, or Hayo

I have a #1 jersey I got a while go and would love to see some stud have it!

I have a #1 jersey I got a while go and would love to see some stud have it!

I actually thought that M. Carter was getting it. I believe they had posted the numbers on the roster on gophersports.com a few months ago, but removed it later. If I recalled, Carter was listed as #1. That's where some of the speculation picked up on Brock not getting back in school.

They posted it briefly and then took it down.

Michael Carter = 1
Bryant Allen = 81

Sorry, I can't remember Hayo.

Thanks for info! I'll keep a lookout on gophersports.com

I just noticed on gophersports.com that the roster has been updated with numbers for freshman and jucos. What happened to Joey Searcy? Did he not qualify?

I believe Searcy is greyshirting

I believe Searcy is greyshirting

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showpost.php?p=29189&postcount=17

You are correct, he signed, commited, and is all set. I'll use the disclosure I always do when talking with kids...this is subject to change (or possibly be inaccurate) - as they are 17 year old kids.

Anyways, I spoke with Joey right before Coach Brewster's talk at the Signing day social. He told me that he was going to grayshirt next year (I can't remember if Brew mentioned that) and he would be on campus next January, 2010. I asked him why, and he just said that's what scholarship he was given. I did ask him about his ACT, since people had questioned his admittance, and he said he had not gotten his score back yet. He does seem very excited to be a Gopher, and can't wait to get out there!

Hayo is no.4 as is Keanon Cooper. A lot of Brew's recruits seem to want the same numbers. Spencer Reeves is wearing no.8 which seems strange to have a guy wearing the same number as the starting QB. New Safeties Kerry Lewis is no.36 and Kenny Watkins is no.28. Matt Garin is no.49 and Ra'Shede Hagaman is no.86.

Terrell Combs is back on the Dline after switching to TE for awhile

Logan UU is listed as a FB now

Nick Rengel is listed as a WR? Seems unlikely he will play there

Possible sleeper? David Stommes a 6'6 210lb freshman who I assume is either Matt's brother or cousin.

Oooo...I like Hayo grabbing that #4 jersey....shades of Ryan Thelwell.....

Top Bottom