Free NW tickets with season ticket renewal

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
Got this today

Gopher Football season ticket holders can now RENEW their season tickets for the 2023 season. Season ticket holders that renew their season tickets by Wednesday, November 9th will receive complimentary single game tickets when Minnesota hosts Northwestern on Saturday, November 12th, 2022.

Season ticket holders that renew by the Wednesday, November 9th deadline will receive an email to claim complimentary tickets on Thursday, November 10th. This offer will be for the same number of tickets renewed, with a max of 8 tickets per account. Take advantage of this exclusive offer by renewing your tickets today. Fans that have already renewed their tickets for 2023 will be included in this offering and should receive their link to claim tickets next week. Row the Boat, Ski-U-Mah, Go Gophers!

That deal needs to be sweetened to have any effect.
I'm actually strongly considering it. Depending on the game time and how some HS games play out this week, I have friends interested in going.

Worth a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Throwing in a hoops or puck game would also be a nice little incentive.

I'm actually strongly considering it. Depending on the game time and how some HS games play out this week, I have friends interested in going.

Worth a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Throwing in a hoops or puck game would also be a nice little incentive.
Exactly. If I was going to renew anyway why not snag free tickets for a friend.

It's a smart plan. Encourage early renewal and try to fill the stadium at the same time.

Is there a game time for Northwestern yet?

I feel like the Big Ten traditionally announced game times 2 weeks prior - I am not a fan of the 6 days before the game route. Makes it hard to plan!

For people who already have tickets to the game. Add in 4 games of free basketball/hockey to make it little more enticing
Agreed, even if not amazing tickets or a nobody team. .. I'd rather get those for hockey or etc.

I'm sure the U's incentive is to get more folks at football / get us to brng firends to a venue where there is a volume of tickets available, but it's hard to avoid that they're giving them to folks already going.

Last edited:

I feel like the Big Ten traditionally announced game times 2 weeks prior - I am not a fan of the 6 days before the game route. Makes it hard to plan!
Nope at least not on Gophet website

Games through October (other than ones announced before the season) are typically announced by the Big 10 two Mondays before the date of the game.

In November that shrinks. The Nebraska game was announced this past Saturday evening, so there was 7 days advance notice. Probably not much of a difference maker for you given that's only a day more than your stated displeasure for only 6 days.

On the bright side Daylight Savings ends this Sunday, so that gives everyone an extra hour to plan for the Wildcats tilt, assuming we know by Saturday.

Games through October (other than ones announced before the season) are typically announced by the Big 10 two Mondays before the date of the game.

In November that shrinks. The Nebraska game was announced this past Saturday evening, so there was 7 days advance notice. Probably not much of a difference maker for you given that's only a day more than your stated displeasure for only 6 days.

On the bright side Daylight Savings ends this Sunday, so that gives everyone an extra hour to plan for the Wildcats tilt, assuming we know by Saturday.
Late in the year they come out late Saturday after game results and the networks start their pecking order.

"— ESPN and Fox typically picks the games 12 days in advance — two Mondays before the Saturday in question.

However, each network has the option to use a six-day selection (the Sunday before kickoff) twice per season.

That doesn’t mean all the six-day options will be used, because it’s more expensive for the networks to wait until the week of the game to set their plans.

In a typical season, ESPN and Fox preserve the six-day windows for later in the season, when the contenders have emerged."

A year old, but hits on some of the points. https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/09...r-the-networks-as-it-is-frustrating-for-fans/

Got a free ticket for every ticket renewed. Got to pick any open seat in the stadium for free seats.

I like how they gave me an option to check out better seats in the stadium with my renewal, and I like that the renewal is now a 10 month payment plan instead of the way it was 3 or 4 months. Not such a big dent in the pocket book this way. Also help the wife works for the U of MN now and we get a discount on the cost of the tickets

Top Bottom