Fred Willard, 'Best in Show' and 'Modern Family' comedy star, has died

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Alaa:

Fred Willard, the comedic actor known for his roles in movies including "Best in Show" and "This is Spinal Tap" and TV sitcoms "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "Modern Family," has died.

The star died peacefully on Friday "at the fantastic age of 86 years old," his daughter, Hope Mulbarger, confirmed to CNN.

"He kept moving, working and making us happy until the very end. We loved him so very much! We will miss him forever," Mulbarger said.

His death comes nearly two years after the passing of his wife of 50 years, Mary Willard, who died in 2018 when she was 71 years old.

Go Gophers!!

Very funny movie. Willard perfectly cast. RIP

His role in Best In Show was absolutely fantastic. He was awesome. RIP Fred

I remember him all the way back to Fernwood Tonight. RIP to a great one.

That sucks. He was terrific. I hate getting older and all the people I grew up watching are dying. Not very fun.

Loved him in King of Queens as well.

That sucks. He was terrific. I hate getting older and all the people I grew up watching are dying. Not very fun.
And the reality that your days are numbered. :oops:

RIP Fred. Just a gem in every role. And really, not even acting, that was probably just him.

So if my math is correct, Fred married his wife when she was 21 and he was 34. Fred you ol' dog.

Modern Family brought him back this past season, and he was looking pretty frail. Father & son characters had a heart-to-heart, and it kind of felt like a way for Fred to say goodbye.

Top Bottom