Fred Hoiberg: Minnesota is the Suprise Team in the Big Ten

Convenient take considering his team's meltdown at Williams, but better than nothing!

As a malcontent, I simply cannot accept this coach speak. I would have responded more favorably if he said, “We were terrible and lost a winnable game. What might have been?” 😂🤔
Malcontent?
At this time of year???????
Best 🎁 I can give you = 🙏🙏🙏

He's probably right but the remark has to be taken in context. No conference team, with the possible exception of Penn State, came into this season with lower expectations than the Gophers. That and the fact that the Gophers have now won 2 straight against Nebraska.

Say that again.

I think your mandate was for GoodasGold to say it again but I don't want to tempt our juju around here and leave Holy Man’s request hanging, so allow me to step in:

“Gopher sports: a faith-based initiative.”

😉

Go Gophers!!

Gophs are definitely playing better.

We look like a different, more balanced team without Garcia and that's been great to see. Hopefully Garcia can come back and we don't work so hard to feed him the ball. More just comes naturally through the flow of the offense.

Lots of proving left to do for this team though.

We haven't really done anything at this point as far as resume goes.

85 KenPom
89 NET Rankings

LOT of season to play. Let's see what happens.

Gophs are definitely playing better.

We look like a different, more balanced team without Garcia and that's been great to see. Hopefully Garcia can come back and we don't work so hard to feed him the ball. More just comes naturally through the flow of the offense.

I have the same feeling and some concerns about that moving forward. I have more concerns about having only three guards, a potentially very precarious situation.

I'm reminded of Pat Fitzgerald discussing what a spectacular coach Tim Brewster was doing in 2010.

Hoiberg may be blowing smoke our way. However, he has no illusions about what it takes to build a program in the B1G. In his first 3 seasons at Nebraska, he won a combined 24 games, and last in the B1G 2019-20 and tied with the Gophers for last 2020-21.

I've always thought Fred Hoiberg was a brilliant basketball mind.

I'm pretty sure whenever you sign a contract to coach a B10 team, in the terms of the contract, it says "when you loose to another B10 team, always compliment their coach and team publicly."

I'll point out that Hoiberg is in his 5th year at Nebby and has compiled a 19-62 conference record so far. 9 of those wins came in year 4. For reference, Tim Miles was 52-76 in 7 years.

Top Bottom