Frank Mitchell commits

I think Mitchell is a better fit here than the Morgan kid. We needed some toughness and boards alongside of Garcia.

Garcia
Mitchell
Christie
Mitchell
Hawkins

Fox. F
Asuma. G
Grove. F
Betts. F

Need Christie to return, need 2 more guards and at least one more 5 man

One game Frank was 2 for 12 on free throws. Ouch
Not too often you see players score in double figures, but gather more rebounds than points. Mitchell did it 5 times last season.

One game Frank was 2 for 12 on free throws. Ouch
Not too often you see players score in double figures, but gather more rebounds than points. Mitchell did it 5 times last season.
So, so weird to seek out negative stats on a new Gopher. But I guess you do you man. Pharrel did it six times, so is Mitchell better?

So, so weird to have a negative instinct on a player. But I guess you do you man. Pharrel did it six times, so is Mitchell better?
Glad to have him. Stats don't lie but may not tell the whole story. Frank needs to get better from the line. I bet he knows it, too. I think no one on here is taking any potshots at him.

Glad to have him. Stats don't lie but may not tell the whole story. Frank needs to get better from the line. I bet he knows it, too. I think no one on here is taking any potshots at him.
I agree on FT shooting. Felt like a potshot from the original poster on rebounds being higher than points and just an odd stat to mention. To me, it seems like best case scenario for the U in terms of bringing in an experienced 5 that is excited to be here and already likes the team and coach.

I agree on FT shooting. Felt like a potshot from the original poster on rebounds being higher than points and just an odd stat to mention. To me, it seems like best case scenario for the U in terms of bringing in an experienced 5 that is excited to be here and already likes the team and coach.
You didn't read very carefully. He said scored in double figures AND had more rebounds.

You didn't read very carefully. He said scored in double figures AND had more rebounds.
Oh my god I did miss that, I apologize to Fan of Ray Williams. Sincerely. That is a pretty wild stat Also for a guy that is really new to bball. Sorry, sorry, sorry. I will leave the posts because people should know I am an illiterate moron. It's only fair.

So, so weird to seek out negative stats on a new Gopher. But I guess you do you man. Pharrel did it six times, so is Mitchell better?
Okay, so the whole idea here is to get better. It seems to me Frank is either equal or better than Payne. This also was the most worrisome and hardest spot to fill, so awesome beginning. And, if we get 2,3,4 more solid transfers....we actually could be good.

Payne never once had double figures in points, but yet had more rebounds.
Assuming that is what you are referring to.

Okay, so the whole idea here is to get better. It seems to me Frank is either equal or better than Payne. This also was the most worrisome and hardest spot to fill, so awesome beginning. And, if we get 2,3,4 more solid transfers....we actually could be good.
I actually think this could be the case. I am so stoked about this, because looking for a solid 5 can be difficult. Payne was solid, Mitchell has similar size and if he can be more consistent and improve his FTs (not a huge differential between the two), this could be a legitimate improvement.
Yes you are right. I had misinterpreted the quote to be a game in which Mitchell had more rebounds than points. Apologies for erratic posting, but I was really excited to see this.

I’d take Isaiah Gray (Cornell), Keenan Fitzmorris 7'/260(Stan/SB) and Carrington coming back. Boom. I prefer physical ball handlers/drivers/slashers like Gray/Carrington at the expense of spot shooters from 3. With Garcia, Hawkins, Christie, MMitchell we would be fine on the perimeter. At least with this we would know everyone can defend at a high level, which is overlooked by a lot of people in search of the shiny object.

He really hedges with Canisius. (1st game back after a year off. Had 12 points and 9 rebounds, 23 minutes against Syracuse)
I hate the hedge but that's a coaching choice. I like his toughness. He's no Payne, but it is a start and probably a good fit as a rebounder. I like what I see of the passing. The kid from Syracuse just towered over him...He may have a hard time getting off shots in the Big Ten.

I hate the hedge but that's a coaching choice. I like his toughness. He's no Payne, but it is a start and probably a good fit as a rebounder. I like what I see of the passing. The kid from Syracuse just towered over him...He may have a hard time getting off shots in the Big Ten.
First game back after a year layoff and facing that 7'4" guy. Had a couple decent moves and handled okay for a big guy.

I’d take Isaiah Gray (Cornell), Keenan Fitzmorris 7'/260(Stan/SB) and Carrington coming back. Boom. I prefer physical ball handlers/drivers/slashers like Gray/Carrington at the expense of spot shooters from 3. With Garcia, Hawkins, Christie, MMitchell we would be fine on the perimeter. At least with this we would know everyone can defend at a high level, which is overlooked by a lot of people in search of the shiny object.
If Carrington doesn't come back, then all my efforts go toward Luke O'Brien (Colorado).

Okay, I'm going to take a stab at translating this:
Payne 320 points 194 rebounds
Frank 374 points and 361 rebounds
Example, one game Frank had 12 points (that considered double figures, correct?) in that same game Frank had 21 rebounds. Hence Frank scored in double figures, yet had more rebounds.
21 is greater than 12

Others have corrected him already and he apologized for his misinterpretation of your words.

Our new player probably has the most old school name on the team. Frank Mitchell could have been a hard-boiled detective on an old time TV series like Dragnet or Naked City.

Example, one game Frank had 12 points (that considered double figures, correct?) in that same game Frank had 21 rebounds. Hence Frank scored in double figures, yet had more rebounds.
21 is greater than 12
This stat I love. Payne did not board all that well. Mitchell and Garcia in the post is exciting. Maybe I am off-base on this, but Payne had pretty bad hands. Passes slipped off and boards not secured properly from my memory.

21 is greater than 12
Here's my confusion: "Payne never once had double figures in points, but yet had more rebounds."
I read that and said huh? He scored in double figures like 13 times last year.
So, with your explanation I get what you were saying now, but missed it initially.

Further confusion..."more rebounds" on the season Payne had more points than rebounds.

Top Bottom