Frank Beamer Should Be FIRED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Oh man! How could Frank dare lose to an FCS team AT HOME...especially while being ranked in the Top 15?? This guy needs to go.

There is no excuse ever for losing to an FCS team at home. Every coach that loses to an FCS team has to go. Even if it has no bearing on your conference record.

Sorry, Frank. It's been real.

P.S. Thanks for taking the spotlight off the Gophers today. Now we can just be like Kansas and move onto next week.

Hey Moron, this is a gopher board. Keep on topic!

Worst Logic Ever

Frank Beamer the guy that took Virginia Tech (VIRGINIA TECH!!!!) to a national title game appearance.

Tim Brewster- 0-6 against Iowa/Wisconsin, 0-8 in trophy games overall, and 1-2 against schools from the Dakotas.

Yeah, it's ridiculous to say Brewster should be fired....

So...essentially you're saying that this loss isn't that big of a deal and nobody should make any mention of it? Just another loss, that's all? Don't get too dizzy spinning so hard....

At least Virginia Tech lost to a good FCS team with a national championship in its trophy case and Frank has a few BCS Bowl games under his belt. How many BCS game has Brewster taken Gopher Nation too?

Kansas did come back to beat a ranked team...we have no chance with USC next Saturday. If that kid from USD can throw for 300+ plus yards against the Gophers, then Matt Barkley will probably have 500-yards and seven TDs.

I'm just saying to have some perspective. None of you do.

You will all be sucking the urinals when we beat SC next week.

VT and the Gopher program are not ever remotely comparable. Look at the success Beamer has had, the National Championship game, the New Years Day bowls, the consistently being highly ranked, etc.

Beamer does NOT equal Brewster.

Brewster has not got nearly the cred that Beamer has, so he gets a pass for the loss.

You are drawing parallels between Beamer and Brewster...and it's the other people who need some perspective?

Khaliq, I will be letting people come and kiss my feet once I'm proven right next week. Let's say outside Gate E about 6pm?

You are drawing parallels between Beamer and Brewster...and it's the other people who need some perspective?

Nimrod, I know you have a Lutheran brain and aren't capable of reading sarcasm, but the point is that people have such ridiculous reactions to one game. After we beat SC next week and win a trophy game later this year, people won' t be talking about USD.

Glad you are laughing. I hope you enjoy the taste of piss next week.

I don't usually resort to name-calling but you sir, are an idiot. You're comparing 26-year veteran coach whose won multiple conference titles and played for the national title to a desperate withering coach about to be canned after 4 failed seasons. Trust me the VT fans are losing their minds over this, but that's a terrible insult to Beamer and you are a moron.

Nimrod, I know you have a Lutheran brain and aren't capable of reading sarcasm, but the point is that people have such ridiculous reactions to one game. After we beat SC next week and win a trophy game later this year, people won' t be talking about USD.
We are going to WIN A TROPHY GAME!! Yippee skippy!! Please please please pretty please w/ cherries on top, can we win TWO trophy games????

I'm a moron? You're the one sitting on a message board getting upset about a loss in Week 2 of the season.

I just enjoy being contrary and pushing everyone else's buttons on here. I will still be a Gopher fan next week regardless.

You guys are ridiculous and ruin this board. I have been on here since 1996 and I have never enjoyed the posts less. Now, I was finally forced to drop to the lowest common demoninator - totally ridiculous sh*t.

I'm a moron? You're the one sitting on a message board getting upset about a loss in Week 2 of the season.

I just enjoy being contrary and pushing everyone else's buttons on here. I will still be a Gopher fan next week regardless.

You guys are ridiculous and ruin this board. I have been on here since 1996 and I have never enjoyed the posts less. Now, I was finally forced to drop to the lowest common demoninator - totally ridiculous sh*t.
So what you're saying is you're trolling? Shameful.

Look, normally I agree with you that the wailing on this board after each loss is ridiculous and I normally wait 24 hours before even coming on here because of it. But this is not any loss. It's a loss to a bad I-AA team and it's the final nail in a coffin that's been under construction for a while now. It's not just any random loss.

This is a really stupid thread. The situations are not all the same. If they want to swap coaches, I'm all for it.

This is a really stupid thread. The situations are not all the same. If they want to swap coaches, I'm all for it.

You are very right. It IS a stupid thread. Just like all the "Fire Brewster" threads on this board. Nobody fires a coach after two games. This is not the NFL. When we win 7+ games this year, this loss will seem like a distant memory.

I will admit, Brew needs to win a couple big games this season to make that happen, but I know we will beat USC, Wiscy or PSU.

FWIW...there are a lot of threads on the VaTech boards calling for Beamer's head.

We just lost to the University of South Dakota...we are pathetic...you make me laugh though not very loudly or happily.

Can I have some of what you are smoking? The sarcasm is no longer a salve to this Gopher fan's wounds.

VIRGINIA TECH WAS RANKED #6 in one poll.

They lost to an FCS team at HOME.

The Gophers were picked to go 2-10 by SI and we lost to an FCS team and people are acting like they just watched their mom get raped. Wow.

Can't wait to see how this group would ever handle success.

Can I have some of what you are smoking? The sarcasm is no longer a salve to this Gopher fan's wounds.

I am in Colorado. Marijuana is legal for medicinal purposes here. Maybe it would make it more palatable for you to endure being a Minnesota sports fan if you could pull a couple bong hits after each loss. It works for me!

Yet, I will fly 1,200 miles to cheer my a** off next week and against OSU.

Can't wait to see how this group would ever handle success.

Probably by pointing out opportunities for improvement so that could have more years of success rather than being the laughingstock of the Upper Midwest.

You are very right. It IS a stupid thread. Just like all the "Fire Brewster" threads on this board. Nobody fires a coach after two games. This is not the NFL. When we win 7+ games this year, this loss will seem like a distant memory.

I will admit, Brew needs to win a couple big games this season to make that happen, but I know we will beat USC, Wiscy or PSU.

I don't think most people are suggesting that he should be fired TODAY. Replacing a coach in the middle of a season isn't going to do anything. But its very likely that he is fired at the end of the year and he can go back to coaching TEs in the NFL where he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom