FoxSports: The 'Fire Al Golden' banner follows Miami to Cincinnati

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Fox Sports:

Al Golden probably thought he was safe from airplanes flying "Fire Al Golden" banners above Cincinnati ahead of the Hurricanes' game against the Bearcats on Thursday. Well, guess again.

The favorite punching bag of Miami fans everywhere, the Hurricanes' coach can't catch even a break on the road:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...cinnati-bearcats-fire-al-golden-banner-100115

Go Gophers!!

further proof we have some of the softest fans in college sports. our fans get outraged when other fans are critical of the qb after a few tough games. meanwhile, Miami fans pay for airplanes on the road calling for their coaches head!

What's funny is it seems like in road games Miami has more fans then they do at their home games

Do they want Cincinnati to fire him?

Anyway I heard Miami's administration just doesn't give a damn about athletics anymore. Not sure a new coach can help them.

Do they want Cincinnati to fire him?

Anyway I heard Miami's administration just doesn't give a damn about athletics anymore. Not sure a new coach can help them.

I believe the years of Miami having a dominant football program are over (and have been for quite awhile now). They'll stay an upper tier team in the ACC (much like Nebraska), but it doesn't seem likely they'll be pushing into the college football playoff anytime soon.

I believe the years of Miami having a dominant football program are over (and have been for quite awhile now). They'll stay an upper tier team in the ACC (much like Nebraska), but it doesn't seem likely they'll be pushing into the college football playoff anytime soon.

For now yes, but unlike Nebraska, with the right coach, they have a hellofva recruiting pipeline in their backyard

further proof we have some of the softest fans in college sports. our fans get outraged when other fans are critical of the qb after a few tough games. meanwhile, Miami fans pay for airplanes on the road calling for their coaches head!

I'd say there's a difference between criticizing a 40, 50, or 60 year old man getting paid millions of dollars to coach your program vs. an 18-22 year old college student.

I'd say there's a difference between criticizing a 40, 50, or 60 year old man getting paid millions of dollars to coach your program vs. an 18-22 year old college student.

Then have you not read the threads where people rip on people for criticizing Kill or Limegrover? Gopher fans aren't used to big time expectations, and the heat that comes with that.

Then have you not read the threads where people rip on people for criticizing Kill or Limegrover? Gopher fans aren't used to big time expectations, and the heat that comes with that.

I generally avoid those sorts of arguments because I don't feel my understanding of football is strong enough for me to have an informed opinion on whether the coaches are making the correct decisions with regard to play calling and whatnot, and I trust that most of the time the coaches have good reasons for making the decisions they make.

I remember Brewster getting torn to shreds on this board even when there weren't big time expectations of him.

Maybe the reason people are ripped for criticizing Kill and Limegrover is because their criticisms aren't legitimate? When the coaches are criticized harshly, I often wonder how much of it is knowledgeable, legitimate critique, and how much is just raw anger and stuff like that boils down to "This play didn't work, therefore we never should have run it."

I think criticizing coaches is okay, but I can understand people not wanting to put up with stuff like "Run a damn jet sweep!" and "Tell the DB's to turn their heads!" I'm even okay with some criticism of players as long as it's pointing out some actual mistakes they made and what they could do to fix them instead of "OMG player x is so terrible, my fifth grade son would start over him."

I guess it's more the anger and hyperbole filled criticism that I can't stand, i.e. "Limegrover is a moron," "Leidner is the worst QB in DI" etc.

Top Bottom