Fox 9 exclusive interview with Seantrel Henderon - regarding his USC commitment...

He has to do what's right for him, I just think it's time for everyone to move on and FORGET him. Let USC give him the ink, lets concentrate on OUR GOPHERS.

Couldn't care less about Henderson. Just another kid with a mouthpiece for a father that never really was interested in Minnesota. He'll fit in perfectly with the type of atmosphere Lane Kiffin will promote at USC.

so...why not just signed the LOI now, he seems to be saying how USC is better than any other school...It seems to me that if he doesn't sign with USC then other schools will look at him and be like, oh we're not good enough and you stand here and say that on tv, but now you want to play here...I mean obviously teams will take him immediately but if I was him I would keep my mouth closed until I do sign that LOI.

He is not a Gopher so let's move on.

Now we as Gopher fans get to turn our "backs" on him and put Henderson on the ignore list.

I will root for the guy with the exception of when the Gophers play the Trojans. I'm really hoping the Gophers have a little extra motiviation that day next fall when we play USC. Not a big enough stage this one will be a big stage for us and our chance to sting these guy's on national TV.

Henderson was never going to be a Gopher like his dad said he was "Too prime time, or big time to waste his opportunity to play college ball here." We as fan's need to help change that culture and perception about Minnesota football, but it will take more wins, time and more fans to make that happen.

As far as his Dad's rap career goes, he can pretty much bank on a big UP yours from Minnesota music fan's and that we have no interest in buying his crap. Very few from HERE will be buying anything he put's out there, if they would they would already be doing it by now. Sean, He isn't even apart of the local music scene here in the stick's, what makes him think he will cut it in LA. He will be forgotten before he even arrives.

Not all 5* recruits are gonna turn great....My mouth is still sour. Go Jimmy and Lamonte!!

HELP ME !!! Is there a way I can turn on a filter so that any post with the character strings 'Sean' or 'Seantrel' or 'Henderson' or 'USC' can be ignored???

.......This is NOTHING compared to Walker Ashley!!!!!!!

Ashley had a Hall of Fame mouth with a midget-sized willingness to work.
I think he is back in the Twin Cities in some music scene right now.
There have probably been 100 threads on Ashley over the years!!

If his dad hates minnesota so much, why didnt they move out of minnesota earlier?

I wish the local media would treat the kids who commit to other schools like they don't exist, they should interview and report on those that sign to be Gophers and the others should get a brief side mention. Seantrel Henderson is dead to me.

Not sure it was a scoop. We (Ch. 5) were well aware of his flight info., but got steam on Orlando Hudson and decided that he was our lead ... Seantrel and Sean, by the way, will be on Sports Wrap on Sunday night at 10:45 (shameless plug).

I like the pickup in Hudson. The Twins are doing some good things this offseason. Its time we get Mauer signed and go out and win the central!!!

Wow, people turn their back quickly around here! As for Hudson. like it a lot. HUGE!

Doogie, weak sauce. You couldn't send a cameraman to the airport around Noon today because Orlando Hudson may sign? You don't have to leave your desk for Hudson details, which stirred later in the day and didn't happen until 10. Or did 5 only have time for one story with those short ass sports segments they have? Doogie, SCOOPED!

Not sure it was a scoop. We (Ch. 5) were well aware of his flight info., but got steam on Orlando Hudson and decided that he was our lead ... Seantrel and Sean, by the way, will be on Sports Wrap on Sunday night at 10:45 (shameless plug).

The Twins have gone from a lineup with three big holes to a lineup with really only one hole. Great offeseason for them (esp if Liriano comes back like they're saying!).

twins1987 -- Did you actually originally track down the flight info., or was that your boss? You weren't on Facebook all morning, were you?
I think I know who you are ... just use your real name ... Ch. 9 = approx. 2 min, 45 sec. at 5:45p (How the ratings on Thursdays and Fridays for that 15-minute tick?) and not much more at 10:25p ... not claiming we have a lot of time, but really are no different. Approx. 2 min., 30 sec. at 6:25p and 2 min. at 6:50, then 2 min., 30 sec. at 10:25p ... only Ch. 11 in town gets considerably more time.

Did Doogie parlay several failed stints as columnists into the Ch 5 sports director? If so, great job on the James Louis story. Your journalism teacher would be proud.

Section2 -- "Several failed stints" ... please explain.

Looks like some people are jealous of you Doogie. If I were you I would take these unwarranted insults as a compliment.

I admittedly get defensive ... too defensive, especially when it comes to work ethic, or missing stuff ... I pride myself on being on top of everything ... certainly will get outscooped plenty, but in this case, we were not. It was a choice thing ... and I just wish that twins1987 would use his or her real name.

Wow, people turn their back quickly around here! As for Hudson. like it a lot. HUGE!

Doogie, weak sauce. You couldn't send a cameraman to the airport around Noon today because Orlando Hudson may sign? You don't have to leave your desk for Hudson details, which stirred later in the day and didn't happen until 10. Or did 5 only have time for one story with those short ass sports segments they have? Doogie, SCOOPED!

Guessing the identity of twins1987 might give people on here something to do the next couple of months. 2 posts in one year and the first post was edited almost a year later. Who could this be?

I'll make sure I DON'T watch the Sports Wrap. Who want's to watch how the Henderson's played MN with this I'm still interested when they never were.

So Doogie, how many of the Minnesota recruits that decided to stay at home will you have on Sports Wrap?

Don't you think it is a good idea to give some love and attention to the players that stayed at home instead of just following the gang of media on SH. If he is the only one you have on then you are contributing to the exodous of our top players!!!! You give the signal that it is only important or worth of air time if they move onto a "big time" program and not stay with the hometown team. IT SHOULD BE NEWS WORTHY FOR ANY LOCAL KID TO GET SELECTED BY THE GOPHERS!!!!!! Not just the fish that got away.

We have 20-minutes w/ 2 commercial breaks ... working on getting back to the 10:35-11:05 slot ... but with one less segment, we had to make a choice ... we decided to go with the No. 2 recruit in the country and what he has dealt with the last few years ... however, on Wed., we did plenty with Gjere and Edwards and we used Brewster sound bytes ... also used Gjere and Edwards sound bytes, but from our standpoint, when the No. 2 recruit in the country is in our backyard, he is the headline.

I cannot believe some of these rubes saying crap like "Seantrell is dead to me", he's a freaking high school student. He chose going to college in LA for four years and playing for one the most nationally recognized programs in the country--yeah it sucks he's not playing here, but GET OVER IT.

As for complaining about him being on Sunday Sports Wrap, ARE YOU SERIOUS??? He's one of the top recruits in the nation, and he's FROM HERE.

Good lord.

I cannot believe some of these rubes saying crap like "Seantrell is dead to me", he's a freaking high school student. He chose going to college in LA for four years and playing for one the most nationally recognized programs in the country--yeah it sucks he's not playing here, but GET OVER IT.

As for complaining about him being on Sunday Sports Wrap, ARE YOU SERIOUS??? He's one of the top recruits in the nation, and he's FROM HERE.

Good lord.

saying "he is dead to me" is much better and more politically correct then what I was going to say about that steaming pile. As for Seantrel being on Sports wrap instead of the the guys that became Gophers, it is incredibly gay. The Hendersons already punked you once and now you are letting them punk you again? They love using the media.

Doogie,

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand that you have limited time the program, just wanted to hear that the locals were getting some time also. I haven't been watching the evening news, but I try to find time for the weekend wrap-ups.

I know he is the #2 recruit, it just leaves a strong impression on the young players if all they hear about are just the guys that go to USC or OSU. Hopefully you will find time to replay a few clips from Gjere and Edwards on Sunday.

saying "he is dead to me" is much better and more politically correct then what I was going to say about that steaming pile. As for Seantrel being on Sports wrap instead of the the guys that became Gophers, it is incredibly gay. The Hendersons already punked you once and now you are letting them punk you again? They love using the media.

You're still super bent out of shape about it all, and not seeing things clearly. I'm sorry for that. It may be "gay", but it will pass.

Top Bottom