Fox 9: Daniel Oturu's message to Minnesota prep stars: 'Come to the U'

If he can paid a lot of money while he bulks up, I bet he will take it.
Agree to disagree. First rounders are the only ones who receive guaranteed dough and for that they want immediate contributors or you have such freakish athleticism, it's worth the risk for the possible return. If he was a sure lottery pick go,but be isn't. Stay a year, improve and become that lotto pick. I think in the long run it will benefit his career to have one more college season under his belt. Just one "internet expert's" opinion. And if course selfishly I'd love to have him back for another year

Last edited:

Agree to disagree. First rounders are the only ones who receive guaranteed dough and for that they want immediate contributors or you have such freakish athleticism, it's worth the risk for the possible return. If he was a sure lottery pick go,but be isn't. Stay a year, improve and become that lotto pick. I think in the long run it will benefit his career to have one more college season under his belt. Just one "internet expert's" opinion. And if course selfishly I'd love to have him back for another year

I want you to be right. Let's all hope you are.

Daniel I appreciate you sharing your pure feelings about playing for the University of Minnesota. I wish more young athletes would take your suggestion and stick close to home and prove to themselves as well as the NBA scouts that good talent can be developed at the U of M.
I wish you nothing but the best as you start the next step of your NBA basketball career. Thanks again for staying home sharing your talents with us gopher fans, family and friends. Go Gophers!

I'd love to have him back too, but I've got to believe that working every day with an NBA staff, practicing every day against NBA caliber players and being able to concentrate strictly on basketball as opposed to being a student/athlete every day will probably result in a bigger and faster improvement than staying in college and continuing to dominate competition he has already been dominating for a season would. And, of course, everybody seems to agree that the draft next year will be stronger than this year's will be, so even if he's better, he could go lower after his junior season. He probably made the right call on turning pro now. Gonna miss his contributions to the Gophers.

Top Bottom