Formo, Sr.

So sorry to hear this. Hang in there. Enjoy the game tomorrow and take it one day at a time.

I will keep your family in my prayers. Cherish each day and sometimes the last days can be some of the best. Take care

FORMO,

My father got me into Gopher Football. I spent the last month with him in the hospital as I could, so I understand. You have to get away and you have to go back. Your father will understand, he knows your sorrow and your happiness. Even though my father is gone, I still take him to the games! Best wishes...

I lost my father to cancer way too early, I feel for you. Some of my fondest memories of my father are of the times we spent watching and bonding over Gopher football. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Best wishes to you and yours, Formo. You guys will definitely be in my thoughts. From reading your Caring Bridge and your posts here, it's clear how large of an impact your father had on your life. I'm tearing up reading the stories, but I don't want to think of your Dad that way - what are some stories about him that you would be willing to share? If it's only one, what is a way he impacted you or made you laugh or something that really typifies the way he lived his life?

Again, best to you and yours. Take care.

Your Dad is incredible and it has rubbed off on you. There is abundant love and countless prayers going toward him and his entire family. Relax and enjoy the game.

To the GopherHoler who stopped by our seats today, Thank you. My wife was moved to nearly tears (hard feat) when she found out what the 'commotion' was all about. If you wish to remain anonymous, that's fine.. but I wouldn't mind knowing who here dropped by. Thank you all, again.

Hey Formo, so sorry to hear this about your father. I know how devastated I would be were it mine. My wife lost her father to cancer at a relatively young age, so I have some frame of reference to what you must be going through. All the best to you, your family and father.

Had the dreaded 'passing the mantle' talk with Dad last night. I have always had nightmares of this talk, even before we found out he got cancer. He told me how he knows that I'm strong enough to be there for the family and he said, "You promise me that you take care of your baby sister (she's 17) and that you walk her down the isle." Of course, we all were in tears, the scare, tiny little boy replied with, "No, I don't want to.. I want YOU to do it." He told me he knows, but that I had to do it, that I was good and strong enough for it and how proud of me he was.

Was a very emotionally draining weekend. I don't know what else to do or say except to try to keep my mind and body busy with other aspects of life.

I am so sorry. I lost my mom almost four years ago way to early to cancer. Try your best to enjoy whatever time you have left.

Formo, Cancer is a terrible disease. I lost my wife to cancer a few years ago and I know what you are going through. Thank you for sharing with your extended family here. You sound like a young man with your act together and I know you already have and will make your father proud as he watches you from heaven. God bless you and your family!

FORMO,

My father got me into Gopher Football. I spent the last month with him in the hospital as I could, so I understand. You have to get away and you have to go back. Your father will understand, he knows your sorrow and your happiness. Even though my father is gone, I still take him to the games! Best wishes...

Right as my good friend and I sit in our seats we make a toast to my dad. My friend knows he wouldn't be going to the games if my dad was still alive, so this gesture almost brings me to tears every game. My last words to him were about the Gopher's. I was lucky enough to get him to one game (we of course lost) at the new digs. The Gopher games were our thing that no one else in the family had.

I'm really glad Formo has decided to use GH as a place to 'vent' or whatever you call it. Best wishes and thoughts to you and your family.

Formo, Cancer is a terrible disease. I lost my wife to cancer a few years ago and I know what you are going through. Thank you for sharing with your extended family here. You sound like a young man with your act together and I know you already have and will make your father proud as he watches you from heaven. God bless you and your family!

I feel for you loss, too. I can't imagine losing my wife to that nasty disease.

Right as my good friend and I sit in our seats we make a toast to my dad. My friend knows he wouldn't be going to the games if my dad was still alive, so this gesture almost brings me to tears every game. My last words to him were about the Gopher's. I was lucky enough to get him to one game (we of course lost) at the new digs. The Gopher games were our thing that no one else in the family had.

I'm really glad Formo has decided to use GH as a place to 'vent' or whatever you call it. Best wishes and thoughts to you and your family.

That's a great idea.. I think I'll steal it for my uncle and I before Gopher games (my uncle that I have season tickets with is my dad's older brother).

I feel for you loss, too. I can't imagine losing my wife to that nasty disease.

She was my Gopher partner.. She died between picking out our seats in the new stadium and before the first game.... I toast her every game now!

Formo, I am so sorry to hear about the latest developments. I think you were more than wise to go to the Gopher game. Though there is absolutely no way I can imagine what you are going through, I lost both of my maternal grandparents to cancer.

All I can say is tell him you love him every chance you get while he's here. There is no doubt your father is a special man. He's prepped you to carry the torch. Carry it high and proud!

Agape love and prayers to you and your family. I'm stubborn, so I'm still praying for miraculous healing.

-STPGopher

Formo, I am so sorry to hear about the latest developments. I think you were more than wise to go to the Gopher game. Though there is absolutely no way I can imagine what you are going through, I lost both of my maternal grandparents to cancer.

All I can say is tell him you love him every chance you get while he's here. There is no doubt your father is a special man. He's prepped you to carry the torch. Carry it high and proud!

Agape love and prayers to you and your family. I'm stubborn, so I'm still praying for miraculous healing.

-STPGopher

You and me both, brother.

So, so, sorry to hear of this news, Formo. May God bless you and your family in the coming days and weeks. Take in every possible moment with him and we will all continue to pray for you and your family. God bless.

Formo, I can't imagine what you are going through. If it is inevitable, take advantage of the opportunity you have to ask questions and tell him things you "need" to tell him. Hopefully your pops isn't in too much pain. Keep your head up. He needs you. Sounds like he should be quite proud of you.

Left work yesterday with texts and voicemails from my sisters to come up north, asap. Dad was incoherent and fighting all day. When we got to their home (2 hour drive) my baby sister meets us at the driveway, crying, and told me, "He's holding on for you." We go inside, and I can hear him moaning. Walk into the bed room with people all around him, and my mother and siblings were laying on the bed crying. I snuggled up to him and cried with the rest. My sisters were telling him that 'It's ok now Daddy, Jeremy's here.. You can go now.. We are all here."

Not long after, he starting waking up and becoming coherent. Wasn't able to speak much at all, but then we all got our time alone with him. The most he moved all day was when my wife told him that she loved him, how he was just as much a daddy as her father was, and how he didn't need to worry that she'd take care of me. He suddenly moaned loudly, somehow rolled to the side of the bed where she was, reached up, grabbed her close for a hug. She bawled and I just stayed in my prone position on the bed next to him. I crawled up to his head so he could see me and promised to take care of his baby girls and he said "Thank". My aunt, who's a registered hospice nurse, told him how he had the best 6 kids a man could have, and I got to see his eyes light up, he nodded his head with approval and said, 'YEAH!'.

The hardest part, though.. Was seeing him like that. I expected him to lay peacefully, sleeping. Not moaning, eyes glazed over, and having very little motor skills. At one point, I was crying, but very angry and threw my hat and glasses out of the room. I had to calm myself down to keep composure for my sisters.. but I wanted nothing more than to rip a door out of the frame.

Right now, he's sleeping peacefully. Haven't been in the room much since last night.. I don't want to leave him, but I don't want to see him like that. I already miss him.

Formo, give him your permission to go. It's hard. But do it. Let him rest in peace, knowing it is ok.

My sympathies to you and your family and what you are going through. I have been there.

God Bless, my friend.

Doc

Formo, What Doc said is true. !2 years ago my Father passed away. I was the last one with him and he was holding my hand. I told him it was okay he could go now and I would take care of Mom. He sat up, held my had tighter, took one last big breath and laid back and was gone. I still held his hand for a minute and the nurse came over and said he was waiting for someone to tell him it was okay to go.

It is hard but the best for him.

Don

It's official. Daddy passed away this morning at 10:15. Thank you all very much for your great words, thoughts, and prayers. For those that reached out to him and I (he read every PM/post on here), words can't express what pride and joy you brought to him/us. I believe it's an Irish poem, but if it isn't, doesn't matter.. I love it and speaks volumes to me.

God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be.
So He put His arms around you and whispered “come to me.”
With tearful eyes we watched you, and saw you pass away.
Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best.

It's official. Daddy passed away this morning at 10:15. Thank you all very much for your great words, thoughts, and prayers. For those that reached out to him and I (he read every PM/post on here), words can't express what pride and joy you brought to him/us. I believe it's an Irish poem, but if it isn't, doesn't matter.. I love it and speaks volumes to me.

God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be.
So He put His arms around you and whispered “come to me.”
With tearful eyes we watched you, and saw you pass away.
Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best.

I knew this post was coming and I was dreading it. All the best to you and your family Formo! I'm glad you chose to share this here as was stated above. I know a lot of "strangers" have been thinking about you, your Dad, and your family.

Quite a poem for what must have been quite a man. My condolences for your loss to you and your family.

His suffering has ended. Hope your's doesn't last long as well.

Formo, I am so terribly sorry to hear this news. May your memories of your Father carry you through this difficult time and the months and years ahead.

It sounds as if your Father was an amazing role model and I am sure you will continue to draw upon the many lessons he taught you over the years.

Godspeed to you and your family.

My heart aches for you, Formo. I lost my mom to cancer over 9 years ago, and even now, not a day goes by that I don't think of her and how much I miss her and want to ask her advice and want to give her one more hug and want her to hold my children, the grandchildren she never got to meet. You will go through a lot as you learn how to deal with this, and the best advice I can give you is to not run away from your emotions and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. I know you're an emotional guy anyway, so I don't think this will be a problem for you. You need to be strong for your family and loved ones, but you also need to take of yourself. Best of luck to you as you deal with this terrible ordeal, and God's blessings to you and your family.

Top Bottom