Formo, Sr.

My condolences as well to you and your family Formo. I dread the day I will lose my father and cant imagine what you are going through. Thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear that your father has passed. I was thinking about and praying for you and your father this week. I am clinging to your example as I just found out my older sister has cancer.

Anyway, I will continue to pray for you and your family. Your father was a great man! He lives on through you.

Really sorry to hear this. Your post the other day made me actually walk away from the computer for a minute. I, and many of us here, have gone through many of the things you have described almost word for word. I can't really give you any more advice than others have already done so just continue doing what you are doing for the rest of your family. Sounds to me like you are a great son/brother to have.

My condolences, prayers and thoughts to you and your family. May it comfort you to know that there are many who are thinking and praying for you at this most difficult time.

So sorry to see this news. You have my sincere sympathy. Thanks for sharing on the Gopherhole. It helps keep a good perspective on life. On one hand, we get all in a tizzy over a pig trophy. It seems so insignificant compared to your loss. On the other hand, I'm sure that things like winning the pig made your dad smile. When we all reflect on our lives, most will not think of their accomplishments at the office. For me, near the top of the list would be attending Gopher games with my kids. I know the hole will never be filled, but hope that as you cope with your loss, the great memories will be the ones that prevail.

You sound like a dedicated son, and I'm sure your father is proud of you. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

God bless you.

I hope that in the midst of your sadness you can also be glad that you were blessed with a good dad who raised you right.

My condolences to you and your family. I lost my dad a year ago and my mom the year before that. Not a day goes by that I don't think about them and miss them. However I now find myself remembering all the neat and many times goofy things they used to say meaning the memories bring more happiness than sadness now - this is progress. Our parents live on through the examples they set for us and I'm guessing that you had many good examples. Support each other and keep the memories going; my thoughts are with you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I too will be praying for you and your family. And thanks for sharing the story of your dad with us. I hope you continue to find some comfort among friends on Gopherhole.

I'm am so sorry for your loss. It will slowly get better with time. I still think of my mom often.

A few photos in memorandum and a gigantic THANK YOU for your words of encouragement and love.

Dad and I at the lone Gopher game I was able to get him to last football season.
33447_456346558816_1908284_n.jpg

Dad and I at the Vikings '08 (I think) home opener. The last Vikings game I was able to attend with him. The caption I had on this photo was: "The old man and myself. I was honored to treat him to a Vikings game. I look forward to many, many more." =(
2065_49136812100_1215_n.jpg

And the ink that I got this evening in honor of him.. He'll forever be in my heart AND on my skin:
425904_10151019902462101_1078136376_n.jpg

Again.. I thank you all from every fiber of my being for your stories, words, love and prayers. They have more than in many ways helped me and ultimately, my family. Heartstrings, boys.. Heartstrings.

Top Bottom