Former #Gophers DE commit transfers to MN from Clemson.

The Gophers are quietly amassing defensive talent through the portal and H.S. recruiting. Adam Kissai may be in offense or defense.

There is a lot to be optimistic about.

Interesting, he wasn't good enough for soccer so he decided football is his best bet.

Interesting, he wasn't good enough for soccer so he decided football is his best bet.
Not too many 6'8" soccer players that aren't goalies.

Goes through his first spring ball and then transfers....The NLI only covers showing up to spring practice? So after summer the poor boy does not like it here he can bolt?

Goes through his first spring ball and then transfers....The NLI only covers showing up to spring practice? So after summer the poor boy does not like it here he can bolt?
No. He's at least here until the next portal window opens, which will be after the season (unless Fleck gets fired or leaves, then he can enter as well).

I wonder what is the percentage of early enrollees who transfer before the end of the first semester? We could see a trend of early enrollment becoming a trial period wherein recruits have the opportunity to gauge whether their experience matches their recruitment. If you did the work to be able to enroll early academically, it seems like a savvy option.
That's a rather good point. I'd totally do that if I was a high school senior. Enroll early and then if you find out the coach sold you a load of crap during recruiting, hit the portal.

What’s your source for this?
The best soccer players are in professional academies by the age of u11 by the time he's 18 they would like him to be a solid pro player.

Not too many 6'8" soccer players that aren't goalies.
The best soccer players are in professional academies by the age of u11 by the time he's 18 they would like him to be a solid pro player.

If he sticks around (after this season) and fills out, then we can seen what we have here. Hopefully he finds a home in Minnesota.

Realistically, probably a friend named Ben. Ben Franklin.

Not to be confused with the other Ben, Ben Johnson who said, “NIL is recruiting now. We all need to understand that.”
no doubt, he could rake in 5 or 600 bucks.

Nobody F cares.

I mean most soccer players aren’t “good enough” for football either.
Agreed, soccer players are on average are 5 foot 6 150 pounds. Most sports you have to play at a young and can't pick up in high school and receive scholarships at major helmet schools.

I had a friend play football in HS that decided to go to Macalester. He must've mentioned he played football on his application, because when he got accepted the coach called him and asked him about playing in college. My friend said, "No thanks coach, I'm really not very good". The coach told him, "That's no problem, we'd love to have you anyway!". I think Macalester was in the middle of a multi year losing streak at that point in time (mid to late 90s)
They need someone to be on the scout teams

He went. He saw. He wised up. Less pressure and better development opportunities being a Gopher. It's a win.

Top Bottom