Former Gopher Troy Stoudermire says reason why Gophers have no luck is because he hasn’t received a Gopher sweater from the program.

Fleck has not been kind to former football alumnus. He is bigger than the past and those who participated in it.
The players I’ve talked to from pre-Fleck are overwhelmingly positive about him and their interactions with him. He reaches out to guys, has them at practices, etc. Just what I’ve been told by a handful of alumnus. Maybe you have different anecdotes.

The players I’ve talked to from pre-Fleck are overwhelmingly positive about him and their interactions with him. He reaches out to guys, has them at practices, etc. Just what I’ve been told by a handful of alumnus. Maybe you have different anecdotes.
He doesn't have anecdotes. Just has an agenda.

I know a former player that played under Kill. The vibe I get is that there are some of the Kill-era players that didn't like how things ended with that regime (felt Claeys and staff were treated unfairly by Coyle) and those players that feel that way have had a harder time getting on board with Fleck. I'm not saying they all feel that way, but there's definitely a group that does.

I know a former player that played under Kill. The vibe I get is that there are some of the Kill-era players that didn't like how things ended with that regime (felt Claeys and staff were treated unfairly by Coyle) and those players that feel that way have had a harder time getting on board with Fleck. I'm not saying they all feel that way, but there's definitely a group that does.
One posts here under the pseudonym of Spoofin. :p

Sounds like they are blaming Fleck for something he had no part in.

Fleck has not been kind to former football alumnus. He is bigger than the past and those who participated in it.
Yeah I am going to need a citation for this. And no made up quotes aren't enough.

No he likely doesn't.

I agree. Just passing along what I've heard.
No offense. This is dangerous. Gossip or whatever is never good. If you don't believe it to be true or whatever, don't pass it along. Trolls are good at that.

No offense. This is dangerous. Gossip or whatever is never good. If you don't believe it to be true or whatever, don't pass it along. Trolls are good at that.
I know it is true or I wouldn't have posted. Thanks though.

Sounds like they are blaming Fleck for something he had no part in.
This x 1000000. These care packages are generally handled by the equipment staff, and usually only go to the NFL guys (and sometimes CFL guys). If they had to send out gear to every former player they'd have nothing left in the EQ room for the players/staff/etc.

It seems odd that the athletic department doesn't have gear that they can send former athletes. Probably not 'on demand' due to the number of players that actually go through the system....but if this was a simple request? Former players are program ambassadors. A positive for the team.

But this twitter fit is equally odd. Start trashing the college team you played for because they haven't sent you gear? Seems to me like there is more behind this pettiness.

It seems odd that the athletic department doesn't have gear that they can send former athletes. Probably not 'on demand' due to the number of players that actually go through the system....but if this was a simple request? Former players are program ambassadors. A positive for the team.

But this twitter fit is equally odd. Start trashing the college team you played for because they haven't sent you gear? Seems to me like there is more behind this pettiness.

The whole thing is ridiculous, humorous and one of the more entertaining threads this year. Thank goodness this was settled before the holidays LMAO

The whole thing is ridiculous, humorous and one of the more entertaining threads this year. Thank goodness this was settled before the holidays LMAO

I just clicked the thread today. Based only off the thread title....I thought that this was all in jest....not serious.

Anyone remember when Frank Viola wanted more money, so KQ92 started 'Pennies for Pitchers', where people would donate their penny jars? 'Singles for Sweaters' anyone?

Top Bottom