Former Gopher LB Aaron Hill named Packers S&C Coach

Awesome. For some reason he was my favorite of the Kill years. I think it was a video of him carrying another player on his back in a drill is what started it.

Good for Aaron Hill! It seems a little harsh to blame a S&C coach for injuries. This is professional football and people are going to get hurt. I'm not sure that a rash of injuries can be attributed to the failings of a coach. But if you want to be a pro football S&S coach that is part and parcel to the deal.

Good for Aaron Hill! It seems a little harsh to blame a S&C coach for injuries. This is professional football and people are going to get hurt. I'm not sure that a rash of injuries can be attributed to the failings of a coach. But if you want to be a pro football S&S coach that is part and parcel to the deal.
I think, it might have been the abundance of non-contact, soft tissue issues.

S&C coaching jobs always feel like they're on a timer. They suddenly solve all the issues the old stupid S&C coach did wrong (mostly rumors) ... until some injuries happen and then you get all the new silly rumors about what they're doing wrong ... and they get fired.

I wonder if it would even be possible to gather real data to prove that anything but the most incompetent S&C coach makes a real difference?

Top Bottom