Former Gopher Kris Humphries adds to his restaurant portfolio, signs 10-unit Dave’s Hot Chicken franchise deal

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Business Journal:

Former professional basketball player and Twin Cities native Kris Humphries has signed on to introduce a Los Angeles-based fried chicken chain to Minnesota.

Along with his parents William and Debra and brother Alex, Humphries recently inked a franchise agreement with Dave’s Hot Chicken to open 10 stores around the metro. No leases have been signed yet, so it's unclear where and when they will open. But the family is looking for potential locations between 2,000 and 2,700 square feet and is considering options in Minneapolis' North Loop and Minnetonka.

“My family and I were really excited at the prospect of bringing an exciting brand like Dave’s Hot Chicken to our home in the Twin Cities area. After doing our due diligence, trying the product and meeting the brand’s leadership, we knew this was an opportunity we couldn’t pass up,” Kris Humphries said in a statement. “Dave’s Hot Chicken checks all the boxes for the kind of restaurant brand we want to be involved with, and has all the potential for massive growth. We’re excited to see what the future holds for the brand in the Twin Cities.”

The Humphries family also owns Crisp & Green and Five Guys franchises in Minnesota.

“The Twin Cities area has been a market we’ve been wanting to break into for some time now. Now, we’re getting to do it with a group of operators who are both excited about introducing Dave’s Hot Chicken to Minnesota and have the experience to do it successfully,” Dave’s Hot Chicken Vice President of Franchise Development Shannon Swenson said in a statement.

Dave's is a fast-casual Nashville hot chicken concept specializing in tenders and sliders. Four friends, including chef Dave Kopushyan and Arman Oganesyan, launched it as a parking lot pop-up in early 2017 and struck a franchise deal in 2019 with a co-founder of Wetzel’s Pretzels. The brand is backed by a slew of other celebrity investors, including rapper Drake, actor Samuel L. Jackson, Red Sox owner Tom Werner, Good Morning America anchor and retired NFL player Michael Strahan and Maria Shriver, a former NBC anchor and first lady of California.

Dave's has sold the rights to about 600 franchise locations across the U.S. and Canada. The company currently has 50 stores open, according to its website, and plans to open an additional 75 stores in 2022.

Go Gophers!!

Wow! That's cool. If they take half of Cane's business they'll have a two block line of cars.
Hope it works. They own The Five Guys franchises outside the Twin Cities...Rochester, St Cloud, Mankato etc. Somebody else the Twin Cities rights.

not a DHC fan. Don't like the taste and the cost. That said, the one near me often has a very long line of cars for the drive through

Wow! That's cool. If they take half of Cane's business they'll have a two block line of cars.
Hope it works. They own The Five Guys franchises outside the Twin Cities...Rochester, St Cloud, Mankato etc. Somebody else the Twin Cities rights.
I like raising canes but I'm not sitting in line for it

I ate there yesterday in Las Vegas. Not impressed. Very average chicken and soggy fries. I like hot food so I asked about the reaper and was told that I'd need to sign a waiver to get them. That scared me into going with the extra hot which weren't very hot at all. I can't see them threatening Canes and Chick-Fil'a in our Scandinavian palate filled state.

If you're wanting to open a franchise in Minnesota, make it a Cabo Bob's

The Hump is a legend, BT Freshman of the Year and All Big Ten.

Yeah but still, if it's wrapped around parking lot still going to be 20 minute
The drive thru is a waste of time, there's never much of a line if you just go inside. In and out in 5 minutes most of the time.

Top Bottom