Former Gopher A.J. Barker arrested UPDATED 5/9: Sid says AJ wants back on team

Nothing is impossible. As outspoken as I've been against him, if certain things happened, I would not be averse to him returning. In fact, it would probably be the best thing for him.

Problem is, I've seen absolutely nothing, zippo, to lead me to believe he's capable of what it would take to make that happen. Lets face it, he's smarter than the coach, he's smarter than all of the OTHER players who have ever played under Kill for the last 15-20 years under the same rules, and obviously smarter than all of us.

I don't see it happening, but nothing is out of the question. If it happened, and that meant he did what was necessary to make that happen, I would be his biggest supporter. That would be fantastic.

You dudes are freaking hilarious. It did not occur to anyone that maybe....AJ would not consider coming back here.

Get past HOW he declared he was leaving and remember WHY he said he was leaving. Those were some very serious accusationsa and if true there would be no way in hell he would consider coming back here.

On the flip side; if Kill did not do what he was accused of doing, there would be no way he would bring AJ back to the team.

Sorry folks it ain't happening.

You dudes are freaking hilarious. It did not occur to anyone that maybe....AJ would not consider coming back here.

Get past HOW he declared he was leaving and remember WHY he said he was leaving. Those were some very serious accusationsa and if true there would be no way in hell he would consider coming back here.

On the flip side; if Kill did not do what he was accused of doing, there would be no way he would bring AJ back to the team.

What? A college football coach actually was harsh on a pre-madonna member of the team? I'm shocked.

AJ was good, but god he seems lice a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# bag...I have never met the guy or know anything about him but my god drama seems to follow him...

What? A college football coach actually was harsh on a pre-madonna member of the team? I'm shocked.

You learn something new every day....for you, it's prima donna

Unless you're talking about the era before Madonna, then you are correct....

Just giving ya a hard time

What ever you do don't tell anybody on this blog there is no Santa Clause. They love their fantasies on the GopherHole.

A.J. has created a lot of conversation. Screw him. I had a change of heart. Go away, stay away, and don't come back.

I originally said that I was forgiving. I am forgiving, but I decided that he is not worth giving a second, third, fourth, or fifth chance, and neither is his mom's bff.

A.J. has created a lot of conversation. Screw him. I had a change of heart. Go away, stay away, and don't come back.

I originally said that I was forgiving. I am forgiving, but I decided that he is not worth giving a second, third, fourth, or fifth chance, and neither is his mom's bff.

I agree 100% with your assessment of AJ. However, I'm might still be willing to forgive his mom's bff only because I heard she is hot.

Plus I believe one of the Marx bothers had a Santa Clause in his contract.

From "A Night at the Opera"

Groucho Marx: Well, I don't know, you must have been out on a tail last night. But anyhow, we're all set now, are we? Now just you put your name right down there, then the deal is legal.

Chico Marx: I forgot to tell you, I can't write.

Groucho Marx: Well that's all right, there's no ink in the pen anyhow. But listen, it's a contract isn't it? We've got a contract, no matter how small it is.

Chico Marx: Oh sure. You bet. Hey wait, wait. What does this say here, this thing here?

Groucho Marx: Oh that? Oh that's the usual clause, that's in every contract. That just says, it says, 'If any of the parties participating in this contract are shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified.'

Chico Marx: Well, I don't know.

Groucho Marx: It's all right, that's in every contract. That's what they call a sanity clause.

Chico Marx: You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

short ornery norwegian

Thanks shorty - I couldn't remember exactly how it went but that was great!

Is he still going to Houston after his weed incident?

I heard that the Mayor at Iowa State is after him to play basketball.

I can't be just me, but I think "The Mayor" is about the coolest damn nickname there is.

At the very least, it's right up there with your nickname, Honkers

Get past HOW he declared he was leaving and remember WHY he said he was leaving.

Who wrote that it was? It was offered-up as a "what if". The 'Why" part is pretty much off the table at this point. No one cares what AJ has to say about Kill anymore. AJ lost any credibility (not that he had much to begin with) with his latest adventure.

Who wrote that it was? It was offered-up as a "what if". The 'Why" part is pretty much off the table at this point. No one cares what AJ has to say about Kill anymore. AJ lost any credibility (not that he had much to begin with) with his latest adventure.

Game. Set. Match.

+1. My thoughts EXACTLY. This thread can now be closed. :)

Who wrote that it was? That's what the thread was about.

Lost of credibility? What does smoking weed and getting caught (judgement or lack there of) have to do with making an accusation? Now if he had been proven to be a liar I would agree.

I agree this topic has run it's course. The fact of the matter is time has a way of putting everything into perspective.:cool02:

Who wrote that it was? That's what the thread was about.

Lost of credibility? What does smoking weed and getting caught (judgement or lack there of) have to do with making an accusation? Now if he had been proven to be a liar I would agree.

I agree this topic has run it's course. The fact of the matter is time has a way of putting everything into perspective.:cool02:

Well his brother did comment about him playing for Houston and we found out that isn't true.

So you would have issues with his BROTHER.

Sf24, I read your posts with interest. I appears to me that you are now using a question such as this as a way of continuing to escalate some sort of argument, and most of us will not bite for such bull$hit. Thank you for your comments and words of thought, but this one turned me off.

Top Bottom