Former Coach Glen Mason predicts gopher victory

Gophers hold on to this ball and they will win this game. Even one turnover puts that in jeopardy.

Mason has also been booted by BTN as noted by Barreiro.

I do think BTN does a good job, but they have been bringing in a lot of young former players to fill various smaller roles, that probably cost less than they were paying Mason. Glen was always pretty good on BTN, but once they moved him out of the studio with Dinardo and Howard Griffith I figured his days were numbered.

Glen was probably better than Gerry Dinardo, but never seemed to get the push. He still sounds great on the radio, but is starting to look a little aged, which makes me question if he should hire a top shelf employment lawyer.
I only heard a small portion of the segment, did he say he was "booted" (like fired) from BTN? Glen is old enough and seems to enjoy his life away from broadcasting enough that I figured he was tired of the grind commuting back and forth to Chicago or traveling to game sites. I expect that BTN wanted to get back to more in-person appearances for studio hosts rather than remote appearances like last year. Given all that, I figured that his contract expired and one side or the other either decided not to renew or they just couldn't reach terms.

I can respect that you like Mace better than DiNardo, but that's a matter of personal opinion. It's a hard comparison to make with DiNardo since he's been one of the main studio hosts since the network started. Di Nardo isn't much younger than Mason and, unlike Mason, actually lives in Chicago, at least during the football season. Mason never made that move.

I agree that if he was terminated prior to the end of his contract Mason should talk to a "top shelf employment lawyer," but unless there's a lot more to the story, that lawyer is going to tell him there isn't much of a claim to pursue.

My assumption is Mason couldn't agree on terms and that's why he's not with BTN anymore.

He doesn't need the work.

Barreiro jokes about what their agreement is with Mason, so he doesn't just do this for the fun of it.

If Mason wanted to push it big time, he could start his own podcast / website like everyone else and not have to worry about where his next meal is coming from.

I would love to see the Gophers do what Iowa did to Ohio State in I think 2017 it was. Huge turnovers really helped Iowa. Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom