Forbes Worst College Football Teams For The Money

I think we have been down this road before. The numbers used are not directly comparable because different institutions report things differently.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45lief/7-minnesota/

I disagree with the format because I'd say Minnesota is a 'buy' versus a 'sell'. Minnesota is a sleeping giant in my opinion and only has upside.

Also, can someone tell me how Ohio State is the 20th on the list? Easily top 5 and I hate OSU.

LOOK Magazine had an article in 1951, "Can Fesler Rouse the Sleeping Giant of the North?" When he left Notre Dame, Holtz was asked at a press conference whether he'd return to Minnesota. "No," he said, "but Minnesota is a sleeping giant and someone can win big there." I guess we are Rip van Winkle - still sleeping.

LOOK Magazine had an article in 1951, "Can Fesler Rouse the Sleeping Giant of the North?" When he left Notre Dame, Holtz was asked at a press conference whether he'd return to Minnesota. "No," he said, "but Minnesota is a sleeping giant and someone can win big there." I guess we are Rip van Winkle - still sleeping.

Yep, anything that sleeps for 50 years (even giants) is assumed to be dead.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45lief/7-minnesota/

I disagree with the format because I'd say Minnesota is a 'buy' versus a 'sell'. Minnesota is a sleeping giant in my opinion and only has upside.

Also, can someone tell me how Ohio State is the 20th on the list? Easily top 5 and I hate OSU.
Might be the quote of the year right there. Now I hope MN can become a decent B10 team again, but just how in the heck are they a sleeping giant?

To lay this at the feet of Jerry Kill is sort of like me crashing my car and then spending $5,000 to purchase the parts required to fix it.

If the comparison is made on what I spent to fix my car withoout having the time to actually fix it compared to others who had the time to actually fix it.....would be kinda unfair.

Top Bottom