For a fan base that fancies themselves knowledgable...

Already mentioned in another thread. Those people are stereotypes.

Merge this biotch.

You put your right leg in,
You put your right leg out;
You put your right leg in,
And you shake it all about...

Man, I almost feel sorry for some Iowa fans. How dumb can one fan be?

Hey, that thread did have a great shot though - MG's game-winning TD.

66667_Iowa_Minnesota_Football.jpg

Dear lord, my head hurts after reading that too

Funny stuff!

Amazing the plane of the goal line is so hard to understand.

The guy that wondered why they reviewed the MSU bomb is awesome!

Just makes it all the better to have beaten them again.

Almost as good is seeing Wisky's heart broken 2 weeks in a row.

Glad you can stay Floyd!

GM

The Hawkeye fans are calling this their worst loss ever. It is always interesting to see fans of a team running smack against their own team rather than admit that their opponent might have been even a tiny bit better than they thought. Yes, this Gophers team did lose to New Mexico State. But I think that if the Gophers could replay the NMSU game, the Gophers would run away with it. The Gophers haven't turned the corner yet, but there is improvement. If we had to play Iowa earlier in the season, the Gophers may well have lost and lost big.

The Hawkeye fans are calling this their worst loss ever. It is always interesting to see fans of a team running smack against their own team rather than admit that their opponent might have been even a tiny bit better than they thought. Yes, this Gophers team did lose to New Mexico State. But I think that if the Gophers could replay the NMSU game, the Gophers would run away with it. The Gophers haven't turned the corner yet, but there is improvement. If we had to play Iowa earlier in the season, the Gophers may well have lost and lost big.

If you would have told me before the season started that we would lose to NMSU and beat Iowa....i'd have taken it!

This is really all the State of Iowa's fault though, they cursed the Corn God by revoking the Corn God Cult trophy for the ISU - Iowa game.

The thread confirms the old acronym: Idiots out walking around.

Hawk fans not taking into account the new regime at Minnesota and the time it takes for players and new coaches to mesh. The Gopher team that played Iowa was much more in the Kill & Co. mode than the one that played NMSU and Michigan.

OP Title:

"For a fan base that fancies themselves knowledgable... "

Displaying a lack of knowledge is the 1st Baby Step in gaining knowledge.

If it looks like a TD, Refs rule it a TD, we get 6 points...End of discussion with the no-brains in Iowa...It's a goddammed TD.

Hawk fans not taking into account the new regime at Minnesota and the time it takes for players and new coaches to mesh. The Gopher team that played Iowa was much more in the Kill & Co. mode than the one that played NMSU and Michigan.

hoping its j curve, learning curve, related. if so, this could be a strong team by the illinois game.

Well-stated. I agree - if the Gophers played NDSU or NMSU today, I suspect we'd destroy them.
The Gopher team that showed up Saturday would have likely beaten Purdue as well.
And I agree - I'll take a win over Iowa anytime, even in the midst of a very disappointing season!

Top Bottom