Football Season Tickets Renewals

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Got my ST notice today. Renew by Feb 23 for six month payment plan and April 29 deadline. I don't think there was any increase.

Got email that my 2020 fee was moved over to 2021. They then asked for a donation.
I think we can expect that almost every communication that we receive for the foreseeable future will include a donation request. The season ticket renewal includes a request to increase the seating donation by 10%.

Are they assuming a full stadium in these renewal notices? (do they mention social distancing, or staggered seating?)

Are they assuming a full stadium in these renewal notices? (do they mention social distancing, or staggered seating?)

Nothing about that.

There is a link to their COVID policy but it doesn't have any real 'forward looking' type indications.

For football i'm sure they're just waiting to see how things play out, they have time, saying anything now and having to change it would just piss people off.

They have provided a breakdown of your Gopher Score and provide the points and percentile ranking. There were 15,953 season tickets sold, which I assume does not include students.

At this point they are selling tickets like it will be 100% occupancy. If it ends up less than that, they will have to deal with it, but given our season ticket base they could likely accommodate all renewing season ticket holders even at 1/3 capacity--they just might have to move people around.

They have provided a breakdown of your Gopher Score and provide the points and percentile ranking. There were 15,953 season tickets sold, which I assume does not include students.
Season tickets or season ticket accounts...?

The combination of natural immunity and increasing availability of the vaccine should end the need for masks and distancing by the start of the season.
Also the willingness of the people to just stop listening to the government post mass vaccinations

Also the willingness of the people to just stop listening to the government post mass vaccinations
I do not have a clue what specific things what government has said and what mass vaccinations are you referring to.
Or is this just a libertarian rant against all governments?

Gopher score doesn’t indicate season tickets sold I don’t think.

I do not have a clue what specific things what government has said and what mass vaccinations are you referring to.
Or is this just a libertarian rant against all governments?
I’m not a libertarian at all. Nearly 20% of the state of Minnesota have at least a first injection or have already have Covid. That number will be close to 60-70% by June.
when everyone is vaccinated they aren’t going to listen to the government saying you can’t do anything anymore. Nor should they.

what do you mean what mass vaccinations?
Nearly 2 million per day across the country. At that rate the whole country is vaccinated in 165 days

I would agree that the comments by Fauci and the other public health gurus have been overly cautious and sometimes negative about how effective the vaccines are and what we can look forward to after being vaccinated.
Biden is immunized as is everyone around him.
He wears mask only to show that until we reach herd immunity wearing a mask saves lives if you are a viral spreader.
He is safe.
I just saw some data on health care workers with natural immunity from an infection.
In a six month follow up only one in a thousand tested positive for the virus six months out.
That does not mean they were carrying enough of a viral load to be infectious.
If you look at the NY Times today they have an interesting graph showing when the US will reach herd immunity relative to the number of people immunized.
It is safe to say two to three weeks after the first mRNA vaccine you are safe. The second is icing on the cake.

I agree with everything you said. So unless some major change comes. 60-80% of the population will be vaccinated by the end of June. Anyone who wants one will be vaccinated by fall.
If we are at a point where anyone can get a vaccine within 48 hours of wanting one for a disease that is 1% fatal and less than that for most people....people are going to go back to regular life whether the government wants them to or not

I agree with everything you said. So unless some major change comes. 60-80% of the population will be vaccinated by the end of June. Anyone who wants one will be vaccinated by fall.
If we are at a point where anyone can get a vaccine within 48 hours of wanting one for a disease that is 1% fatal and less than that for most people....people are going to go back to regular life whether the government wants them to or not
Yep and I think the fact that Walz is sending kids back to school every day is a sign the are easing up on restrictions.

The combination of natural immunity and increasing availability of the vaccine should end the need for masks and distancing by the start of the season.

0% chance TCF bank will be maskless this fall

What are your facts for that statement?

If you think the University of Minnesota isn't going be on the cautious side when it comes to following covid rules, I don't know what to tell you.

I'll amend, it's obviously not 0%, but I do think it's well over 50% there will be mask requirement at TCF this season

I think it's going to be a phased-in approach to re-opening.

the powers that be are not going to just announce that "it's all over- do whatever you want."

The Twins are trying to come up with a plan that would allow 10,000 fans a game, but it would still require the State to sign off on it.

If I had to bet my own money, I would say that the football season opens with 50 to 60% capacity allowed and face coverings. maybe by the end of the season they go to 75% capacity, but I would be surprised if they get to 100% capacity for anything this year.

Watch for news on the State Fair. That will be a big indicator of where the State Gov't is at on easing restrictions for large outdoor events.

I can tell you that, in SW MN, local cities are debating whether or not they can hold summer festivals and celebrations under the current restrictions. As much as we would like this to be "done and over with," it's just not going to be like flipping a switch. It is going to be a gradual transition.

I think it's going to be a phased-in approach to re-opening.

the powers that be are not going to just announce that "it's all over- do whatever you want."

The Twins are trying to come up with a plan that would allow 10,000 fans a game, but it would still require the State to sign off on it.

If I had to bet my own money, I would say that the football season opens with 50 to 60% capacity allowed and face coverings. maybe by the end of the season they go to 75% capacity, but I would be surprised if they get to 100% capacity for anything this year.

Watch for news on the State Fair. That will be a big indicator of where the State Gov't is at on easing restrictions for large outdoor events.

I can tell you that, in SW MN, local cities are debating whether or not they can hold summer festivals and celebrations under the current restrictions. As much as we would like this to be "done and over with," it's just not going to be like flipping a switch. It is going to be a gradual transition.
Twins have their season upcoming so much earlier. They're kinda in a limbo as the season goes on.

I'm really hoping college football will be a lot easier to figure out by the time MLB has run for a bit.

While pronouncements on capacity limits for the State Fair will provide an indicator of the State's view on crowd restrictions in the next couple of months, that decision won't necessarily be indicative of what happens with Gopher football. Think of the State Fair as an ocean liner--a huge behemoth that takes a long time to start, stop, turn. A decision on how many people will be allowed to attend the Fair will need to be made far in advance of August so that a determination can be made about whether to hold the State Fair at all. Once the limits are established, they can't be moved upward too much, because you can't hold a Fair for 100,000 people a day if you planned for a limit of 50,000 per day.

Gopher football, barring a catastrophe, is going to happen, the only questions are whether fans will be allowed and, if so, how many. They will play the games at the Bank whether that is at 100% capacity, 0% capacity or anywhere in between. They could make a decision on fans much closer to the game dates and, as you suggest, evolve the capacity limits as the season goes on. The U has taken steps, like investing in technology so that they can utilize electronic tickets and parking passes, to allow them to make changes as necessary even a few days before a game. They are striving to be much more nimble, akin to a fishing boat that can change course quickly.

I imagine that daily vaccinations will factor into it too. Right now they are going as fast as they can and people are still lining up. If sometime I. The summer demand starts to decrease somewhat or even rapidly, that would indicate the people who want vaccines and still need them has decreased lower than your vaccination capacity. At that point I think anything lower than 50% capacity would be a little ridiculous.

I would say that there will most likely be between 50-75% capacity for the home opener and maybe up to 100% by then end of the season, all depends on the numbers.

I’m not a libertarian at all. Nearly 20% of the state of Minnesota have at least a first injection or have already have Covid. That number will be close to 60-70% by June.
when everyone is vaccinated they aren’t going to listen to the government saying you can’t do anything anymore. Nor should they.

what do you mean what mass vaccinations?
Nearly 2 million per day across the country. At that rate the whole country is vaccinated in 165 days
As of the latest stats on the MN state vaccine site, 13.8% have at least one shot, 6.5% have completed the vaccine series. The last day reported, Feb. 20, had 13,600 vaccinations. At 200,000 a week, it would take 34 more weeks to fully vaccinate 70% of MN's population, which puts us in September with the two shot series.

Since we are using the two shot vaccination series, I think your numbers and dates are just a bit off.

As of the latest stats on the MN state vaccine site, 13.8% have at least one shot, 6.5% have completed the vaccine series. The last day reported, Feb. 20, had 13,600 vaccinations. At 200,000 a week, it would take 34 more weeks to fully vaccinate 70% of MN's population, which puts us in September with the two shot series.

Since we are using the two shot vaccination series, I think your numbers and dates are just a bit off.
480k Minnesotans have already had Covid 19

68 million Americans have had at least one dose.

at 1 million vaccines per day the entire population is vaccinated in 262 days
At 2 million it is 131 days (that’s early august for 100% vaccinations at two million per day)

we won’t get there. By mid summer there are going to be more vaccines than people that want them (in the USA)

480k Minnesotans have already had Covid 19

68 million Americans have had at least one dose.

at 1 million vaccines per day the entire population is vaccinated in 262 days
At 2 million it is 131 days (that’s early august for 100% vaccinations at two million per day)

we won’t get there. By mid summer there are going to be more vaccines than people that want them (in the USA)
It is highly recommended that all who have had Covid 19 get vaccinated. The 262M left currently need two vaccines a month apart, so 524,000,000 vaccines.

As of today, CDC reports 44,138,118 have gotten one or more doses.

Last edited:

Top Bottom