Floyd (Next years NFL Draft)

SuperGoph

Reaction score
I know it's a little slow moving for gophers football news (positive news, at least), so even if this is a bit OT, i thought id spark some discussion.

I saw an interesting tidbit this morning on cnnsi.com about the early projection of next years first round in the draft (vomit). They have Floyd going #28 overall to the San Diego Chargers (one spot ahead of the Vikings).

After seeing this I was reminded of how many times I've watched Floyd in the past few years at ND and comparing him to Golden Tate. I have to say that nearly every time I've watched him, he looked more polished and a much better receiver than Tate did...a second round draft pick.

So my question is....do you out there think Floyd is worthy of a first round pick next year? And is he better/did he play better than Golden Tate when they both were on the field the past couple years?

For my money, I would say Yes and Yes.

Its tough to say if he will have as good of a year. Tate made it impossible for D's to just lock onto one of them. I'd imagine more focus on Floyd this year defensively and how is their new qb going to be?

Not to be disrespectful

but I just dont care where he gets drafted or if he gets drafted at all. Many on here would say--Michael Who?

I think he's a cinch first rounder, and a better pro prospect than Tate due to his height and sure hands. However, noticed that Brian Kelly called him out after practice a few weeks ago, saying he needed to work harder and practice with more urgency. It'll be interesting to see how he produces in their new offense.

He's better than Golden Tate, it wouldn't shock me if he went in round 1.

it's an obvious comparison, but floyd has quite a bit of larry fitz in him in that he's a big receiver with great ball skills who lacks breakaway speed. fitz showed that guys without elite speed could go in the top of the draft but it's still a pretty rare thing.

Top Bottom