Florida DT McCoy Commits to Gophers

Looks like he might be a little bit of a project which probably accounts for the lower ratings. But based on his offer it list it is clear that lots of teams see some great potential there. Looks like a really solid get for the D-Line, and always good for the program to get players from Florida to help boost exposure down there.

Looks like he might be a little bit of a project which probably accounts for the lower ratings. But based on his offer it list it is clear that lots of teams see some great potential there. Looks like a really solid get for the D-Line, and always good for the program to get players from Florida to help boost exposure down there.

Agree. Maybe he will surprise!

FWIW, at this time he is the lowest ranked Gopher recruit @ .8485

According to his twitter announcement he was hurt his first couple of years in high school. Looks like he has tremendous upside and as others have stated, he has a very impressive offer list from other schools. Pre Fleck, this would have been a recruit with a lot of buzz around his commitment to the Gophers. Hope he kicks ass!

Really interested to see what Fleck can do with the DT/DL position over the next 2-3 years. Kill and staff basically went to the 3-4 defense because they admitted it was hard to recruit DT's/DL. We'll see.

Really interested to see what Fleck can do with the DT/DL position over the next 2-3 years. Kill and staff basically went to the 3-4 defense because they admitted it was hard to recruit DT's/DL. We'll see.
I'm curious too.

They had me convinced that the most obvious DL talent was swooped up by the big schools so the best you could do was pick guys up and hope to get lucky developing them ... and focuse your time on linebackers who you could recruit / evaluate a bit easier.

Another example of how in-demand DLs are all over the country. Our lowest-rated recruit, but definitely an impressive offer list

Nice get. Looks like a solid athlete. Nice height and wing span.

His final five when he announce his final five was:

Baylor
Minnesota
Tennessee
Georgia Tech
South Carolina

Probably just 5 years ago, we were doing backflips on this board for any commit who had a SINGLE SEC offer. Now I bet at least 60-70% of our 2021 class has a competing offer from the SEC!

Probably just 5 years ago, we were doing backflips on this board for any commit who had a SINGLE SEC offer. Now I bet at least 60-70% of our 2021 class has a competing offer from the SEC!

Now the SEC is excited when they pickup a guy with a Gopher offer!!!!

(ok we might not be there quite yet ....)

Really does show how far we have come on that front and even on the rankings front. Prior to 2018 a player ranked as a .8485 with multiple power 5 offers would have been on of the headliners in most of our recruiting classes with only a few exceptions.

Nice. Big body is right! Welcome young man. Looks all business in Burns twitter post picture. Definitely early favorite for the 2021 Gopher Football "All-Hair" team!

Waiting for DPO to analyze this statement before commenting...

Toughest position to recruit for in CFB and one reason Alabama is always good - they have created a pipeline to the NFL -

They currently have 11, yes ELEVEN, in the league, per the Tuscaloosa News -

How former Alabama football players fared in the NFL in Week 2 (tuscaloosanews.com)

Hopefully, we'll end up with a few in the future

Nice pickup! Give him a chance to build up, learn the little things that makes you a great player and he'll be just great!

Having a full compliment of BIG dudes like this in the middle is the only way we will beat Iowa and Wisco. A steady rotation of fresh legs on the DL will prove very effective against their OL.

Now we need strong LB play to support these guys...

Top Bottom