Fleck with Rome

swingman

Reaction score

Mo looks tremendous
So much mature leadership on this team.
JMS really, really good. Who says this o-line can't be better than last year.
A lot of measureable improvement on whole team.
On 9-4 record, he let team down last year with some of his decision making.

I am not a big Jim Rome fan. I haven’t watched/heard him much but his show used to be on ESPN at the same time that I would typically be using the work out room at my job years ago. At that time, he came across as an over-groomed conceited caricature, to me. In listening to this interview he sounds far less brash, almost boring, going through the motions.

It’s like aliens abducted him, partially removed his brain, and returned him in a zombie-like state.

Edit: I’m referring to the radio interview with Rome/Fleck that was posted recently on a different thread. I didn’t realize there were two different Rome/Fleck threads.

Last edited:

I am not a big Jim Rome fan. I haven’t watched/heard him much but his show used to be on ESPN at the same time that I would typically be using the work out room at my job years ago. At that time, he came across as an over-groomed conceited caricature, to me. In listening to this interview he sounds far less brash, almost boring, going through the motions.

It’s like aliens abducted him, partially removed his brain, and returned him in a zombie-like state.

Edit: I’m referring to the radio interview with Rome/Fleck that was posted recently on a different thread. I didn’t realize there were two different Rome/Fleck threads.
Right? It's like he knows he's not popular, but companies are willing to pay him money, so he will continue doing his show, but deep down, he knows nobody cares what he has to say. I don't know, maybe I'm totally off on this.

I thought it was a pretty good interview and markets the Gophers well.

Top Bottom