Fleck Post-Game Press Conference Videos: "We have to execute, that has to get better."

It’s unfortunate that even though the gophers played Michigan and Ohio State, the West division schedule and the rest of the east were winnable games. With USC, UCLA, Washington, and Oregon coming on board, we need to get a real OC, QB, CBs (except for walley), and even I don’t like to say this and actual OL that dominates. Lots of improvement needs to happen in the off-season to be relevant next year.
It gets overlooked with all of our other issues, but our OL this year wasn’t very good. 66 just not an athletic, 77 is soft. The other players are just OK. I’d rather come out next year with a bunch of young kids playing although Johnson did have at least one really bad series yesterday.

It gets overlooked with all of our other issues, but our OL this year wasn’t very good. 66 just not an athletic, 77 is soft. The other players are just OK. I’d rather come out next year with a bunch of young kids playing although Johnson did have at least one really bad series yesterday.
Agree with this, I saw Johnson get ragdolled a couple of times. I mean absolutely just thrown aside like a child. That’s the strength difference. He has the size, but not the strength. He’ll be a good one when all is said and done, but boy I can understand the need to mature and gain strength.

AK was not good this year but the OLine sucked - but having said that you could see that AK woukd seize up under pressure - he could not escape the rush and lost track of blind side rush resulting is multiple strip sacks

Defense was just horrible - slow and very poor tackling (did anyone notice tackling teqnique where they dive at runners ankles? Are they coached this?) DLine was non event - secondary consistently out of position

Special teams lost us both NW and IL games and should have cost us the Iowa game

Fundamentally poor football team in all phases

Overall this team just wasn’t competitive and going to the games just wasn’t fun - in prior years even though they got beat they were competitive and games were reasonably entertaining - not this year - you could see the second half beat down coming yesterday

Top Bottom