Fleck needs to examine every facet of this program

Sure, but what I've learned is that most people prefer to keep making ridiculous amounts of money rather than not. Otherwise why wouldn't he just quit right now?
He's under contract, why would he? His contract also has a buyout, so I think he possibly would have to to pay the U $7 million if he quit.

He's under contract, why would he? His contract also has a buyout, so I think he possibly would have to to pay the U $7 million if he quit.
Right but long-term his best bet to make money is to stay employed here (or find a job elsewhere that will pay more). Getting fired here would likely be a bad decision money-wise.

One minor quibble (with PJ, not you) - the Gophers during all of PJ's tenure seems uninterested in throwing to the RB's. Nubin had what, 4 catches this past game and I'd be surprised if that wasn't the most in quite a long time to a RB. Tyler seemed like a perfect player to throw a few swing passes/screens to each game, but instead they tried to run him up the middle, which is likely he will be the least successful. There is so much meat left on the bone in this offense it's maddening.

Not to bring up old wounds, but look how differently Bucky is being utilized at Oregon than here (yes, I understand they run a very different offense, I'm merely suggesting when you have players with a certain skill set to try and utilize them).

View attachment 28544
If Bucky had returned last year, I envisioned some kind of RPO with Mo and Bucky in the game at the same time, one on each side of the QB. So much you could have done with those two.

And there's no reason you can't get creative with what you have now too.

If Bucky had returned last year, I envisioned some kind of RPO with Mo and Bucky in the game at the same time, one on each side of the QB. So much you could have done with those two.

And there's no reason you can't get creative with what you have now too.
That would have been awesome! However, with 7 years of evidence, I have a hard time believing that's how PJ would have utilized them. Rather, here's the ball 32 times, Mo, and here's 8 for you Bucky, all RUTM.

Right but long-term his best bet to make money is to stay employed here (or find a job elsewhere that will pay more). Getting fired here would likely be a bad decision money-wise.
Yes, for sure if he stays through the whole contract. He gets $7 million if he gets fired as well. He's already banked north of $20 million just coaching here. If he's saved half that and invested conservatively like his gameplans, he's probably made at least another $1-2 million.

Nothing matters unless they recruit better. This team is frighteningly slow and unathletic.
Agree 100%. The aspect of Fleck's tenure that has been the most disappointing to me is his inability to land more impact players on both sides of the ball. He seems to follow the develop three-star guys into consistent contributors, but there's something lacking in either the raw talent or development strategy that isn't working right now and it showed up this year.

I totally agree that the team isn't "sudden" on either side of the ball outside of Taylor. Everyone else seems to line up correctly, but can't battle the athleticism they face. Back seven outside of Nubin and Walley just seem really slow to the action (At least for me. I don't analyze film.)

Top Bottom